By LNamesOnly - 09/07/2012 07:31 - Australia

Today, I spoke to my hormonal pregnant wife about baby names. I told her I liked the name "Tabitha", and she went into a full rage about how all letters have textures, colours and emotions and how T is an evil letter. Apparently it's orange, plastic, and a needle trying to stab her eyes out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 657
You deserved it 4 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I recently discovered a kind of 'disease' where the people who have it connect letters and/or numbers with colours. Let me Google it... Synesthesia, that's the one.

Its just the hormones, nothin to worry about

Comments

iliketomoveit123 10

It really isn't a very appealing. Think about it. The only nickname you can make for that is Tabby. So it definitely sounds like a cat name. And it just doesn't sound like a baby name haha if that makes sense. I'm with your wife. ;D

My name is Tabetha. Its spelled with an 'e' because my mom wanted my nickname to be 'Beth,' but my friends mostly call me tab or tabs. It's not that bad of a name and no one ever told me it sounded like a cat name until I started reading these comments lol.

notjustanybody20 9

can't really blame her! Also, I love your username , OP! :D

L names only, huh? How about Labitha? See how your wife reacts to that.

Whatever you do, just don't ever name your kid Luna. That's my name and god, I hate it :|

Trust me it's not cool in my country :(

fat_bastard_607 0

B is purple, looks like ass, and stands for batshit crazy. I'm going to guess the wife's name starts with it.

winnerme123 8

Doesn't matter it's a bad name. That may of helped you.

Come on. Knock her up again. Then take a rope and find the nearest tree to hang yourself from.

That's actually a rare mental condition where people associate numbers and letters with colours, gender, and even emotions. Although this could perhaps be brought on by hormones. But yeah, I happen to be a person who associates letters and numbers with genders for some reason and nobody I know understands it at all xD

GothicAngel17, this really exists & is known; it's called 'synesthesia'. My sister has it & used it to help when she was learning to read as a kid. She uses it now to remember phone numbers & names, &c of new people she meets. My sister is one of the most imaginative & creative people I've ever met & she's very sensitive as well. Some people with synesthesia make great musicians and visual artists. Good for you! GothicAngel17, never mind those who won't understand you & just don't understand them, lol. You are Okay!

thatKidzmOm 10

The creators of Anistasia must have had it :) because when y'all start talking about it, I picture that cartoon.

Dude, your wife obviously has synesthesia. It is quite a rare condition that makes people affected by it to see numbers and letters with colors, sound and other feelings. Synesthetes (or people with synesthesia) often report that they were unaware their experiences were unusual until they realized other people did not have them. It is then very possible your wife does not realize she has this condition. She probably thinks everyone sees the same way as she does. It is nothing to be worried about though. Synesthetes just have a funkier way to read than most people :)

It's not actually all that rare (1 in 23 people may have some form of it.) I used to think synaesthesia was something rare and exotic, and that the associations I had between letters and colours were perfectly normal, resulting from alphabet fridge magnets or something. I wanted to make jokes about our old bomb of a car (which was green) being an H-bomb, but couldn't figure out why H was green anyway. I thought maybe hydrogen was green. When I was about 20 or so, I read up about grapheme-colour synaesthesia and realised I had it. It probably helps with spelling and memorising things (unless something is presented to me in the 'wrong' colour, and I remember the colour instead of the number, or vice versa), and it makes otherwise-similar names such as 'Sindy' and 'Cindy' seem like completely different names to me.

Yeah, I didn't realize that thinking of letters and numbers as a certain gender was weird until I mentioned it to someone.

Yeah, she probably had it prior to pregnancy, but her hormones must have made the effects flare up like crazy.

That is some twisted wife you have. Her name must also start with a 't' then. it would explain much, well maybe her name could start with a letter worse than 't'

Coccinelle_fml 15

My name is Tatiana. I'm screwed.

25- Only if Op's wife finds you. ;) And you have a lovely name.

When I saw "Tatiana" I pictured Ryan Reynolds saying it in The Change-Up.