By cyprianista - 13/02/2015 16:13 - United States - Houston

Today, I spent an ungodly amount of money to send my long-distance boyfriend a giant bouquet of roses for Valentine's Day. A few hours after making the non-refundable payment, he let me know we weren't going to work out, and that he was already sleeping with someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 185
You deserved it 4 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only option now is to follow up with a Valentine's Day poem. Roses are red Violets are blue Cheaters are scum I hate you.

rhiannahoward14 19

Any chance you can change the shipping address?

Comments

Once he gets those flowers he will feel bad for doing that. On the bright side everything happens for a reason & you're one step closer to finding the right person.

that wasn't very nice. sorry to hear OP! hope you find someone better than this guy.

Damn youre an awesome girl. But sorry for what happen

brendejafulable 41

I find it weird sending men flowers. But hey what do I know

At least he told you, and didn't just string you along.

how much is an "ungodly amount? 1800 flowers probably wouldn't even be $100

Well, where I live anyway, a bouquet of a dozen roses is generally around $30-$50, depending where you get them. If OP got a "giant" bouquet I'd guess they probably got 2 dozen (or more?) so there's a hundred bucks right there. Then paying to have them delivered to someone's house is quite a bit more money on top of that... So yeah, I'd say what was probably at least $100-$200 to give someone flowers counts as "an ungodly amount". Roses are one of the most expensive flowers. Them and orchids.

meli1195 31

right now, there is an arrangement of 100 roses with a little heart in the middle, it costs about 400 dollars, and that's without the delivery charge.

On top of this, the price of flowers at least doubles on or around Valentine's Day.

I'm sorry, but you deserve it, long distance relationships never work.

Yep as anyone that dares to believe in someone keeping it in their damn pants and not being a lying sack of cheating crap deserves to be hurt. My life mate and I had to spend over a year apart in separate states. Funny how we're still together since neither of us are cheating asses.

KhaleesiDannie 26

My husband and I met playing DnD in a chatroom and last Halloween was our 3rd anniversary

Axel5238 29

Some LDR's do work, but it's fairly rare unless 1 moved away to join the army or had to for work and there was a long term relationship before hand. At least he told you, but problem with LDR is that things like who they are with can change very easily and never work out because of that.

Jethco 15

When will women understand that a bouquet of flowers is almost the worst gift you can give a man?

Really? The worst? Maybe to an ungrateful man

ChristianH39 30

I think if you consider anything you're given "the worst gift" you're ungrateful as ****.