By Anonymous - 27/10/2010 05:58 - United States

Today, I spent all day handing out flyers advertising my services as a psychic. I got only one call. The caller wanted to inform me that I had misspelt the word "psychic" on my flyer. She was right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 785
You deserved it 42 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

serves you right for trying to con people into thinking you're psychic!

YDI for being a psychic it's a bullshit profession

Comments

You should gave foreseen that then shouldn't you, being psychic and all...

You also misspelt "misspelt," by the way. But that sucks, OP.

as long as all the letters of a word are there, the average intelligent adult brain will still recognize the word without ever actually reading every letter. thought. that might shed some light on why it took so long to get noticed.

Liecake, the spelling is correct for the English-speaking world outside the US. There is a vestige of this spelling in American English: what's the past tense of "spend?" Get that answer correct and you get a very small cookie.

Rei_Ayanami 18

Oh! I know this one! Is it spent? With my luck it somehow isn't.

RedPillSucks 31

Doc, I thought she was pointing out that there should be two esses instead of one. So "misspelt" instead of "mispelt".

Tikwichka 5
MissErikaHart 0

u grammar Nazi know it alls got ur shit all messed up.

D'oh! Red, you're right. I assumed it was another person pointing out how English English is different than American English. I made an ass of you and med.

Why didn't you just read the fml and see which way it was spelt? You ******* moron.

DocBastard - actually, that spelling is not correct anywhere in the world. It's "misspelt", not "mispelt".

qsdmlkj 0

ydi for trying to rip off stupid poor people with your 'psychic abilities' get a real job asshole

hghiPigh 0

I cannot believe that in this day and age people who claim to be psychics aren't shot to death on the spot.

anti_average 5

Better to pretend to be a psychic than to reveal yourself a psycho. =

Why would you think that? The belief system behind psychic readings and fortunetelling isn't vastly different than those of many mainstream religions, and those religions are doing quite well in this era. I'm not saying I believe in psychic powers or anything. I'm merely pointing out that enough people do to keep the profession alive, just like Christian pastors, Muslim imams, and the missionaries, evangelists, and other spokespersons of various belief systems, including atheism, humanism, etc. Hell, even ghost hunters can make a decent living these days.

YDI for thinking you are psychic and spelling psychic wrong in the midst of your failure.

Anaxes 5

Psychic isn't the only thing you misspelt. You appeared to misspell the word misspell as well as the word flyer.