By Anonymous - 07/10/2010 13:55 - Canada

Today, I spent a hundred dollars on new "business casual" clothes and took two hours to get ready for my interview with a government agency. My interviewer was blind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 910
You deserved it 7 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Schizomaniac 24

Hahaha. The originality of this FML made me laugh. This was truly a good one. *Hat off*

No one could have possibly guessed that outcome. The clothes could easily be used somewhere else. There's nothing wrong with taking time to look presentable. The most I ask is that every one would shower but some people decide disgusting others is more important. Breaking Benjamin is a horrifyingly bad band.

Comments

YDI for thinking the other employees wouldn't have said anything had you shown up looking shabby, for trying to become employed, for even being out of the kitchen, for gouging out his eyes and then forgetting about it later, for taking so long to get ready, for wearing clothes at all, for engaging in commerce, and for not stealing his cane and rearranging all the furniture before you left.

spartan_girl 0

Exactly, or at least gave an idea of whether OP was dressed appropriately. Unless the interviewer was the only person you saw, it still probably mattered what you looked like. And if you're going to have to dress that way for the job, you didn't waste money on the clothes. Two hours is a long time to get ready though, I guess if that included a shower and your hair takes a long time to dry...but still, looking professional and making a great first impression is not a waste of time. People notice, so if the job requires that kind of professionalism, you gave yourself a chance to make a good first impression.

And most likely, his/her co-workers probably told him/her what you were wearing to help give a full impression of you.

IpWarfare 0

Hahah i laughed so hard anout the whole rearange the furniture that i woke my baby nephew that i just put to sleep fml

YDI for not using drugs to keep him asleep.

Hahah i laughed so hard anout the whole rearange the furniture that i woke my baby nephew that i just put to sleep fml Oh, btw: *I (capitalize it at every instant) *about *rearrange

IpWarfare 0

are you seriously beenin a douche after i complimented your comment? wow haha oh yea anyone that feels like they need to correct someones spelling or punctuation on a WEBSITE. where most comments arent even a paragraph long? needs to be reminded that its 2010. Cause when you think about it, shit like lol rofl lmao and all that other stuff are complete fail of spelling. and no they are not abbreviations. theyre things people use to shorten sentences and reduce the amount of time it takes to post a comment. so if your going to correct my comment why dont you go to all 1500+ of your comments and correct them(: loser haha

2010? Oh, wow. I didn't realize that literacy was a relic of the distant past. Totally my fault. Wait, let me fix that to fit in with this 2010 interweb: oopz i iz surry! lol i thot that "beenin" abul to understant what sum1 meenz wuz the hole poynt of comunicaytin! how stoopud uv me! u can spell how u wont and nat wurry abowt it! God dammit, I need to stop. Trying to type with THAT much retardation is giving me a headache.

unless, of course, OP was hoping to get the job based on her looks, rather than her ability to do the job...

IPW: So, what you're saying is (and correct me if I'm wrong here) that since it is 2010, grammar is irrelevant? Wrong-o, pal. Grammar is MORE important that ever because of things like LOL and ROFL (you are correct that they are not abbreviations - they are acronyms). Grammar, spelling, and punctuation have fallen out of favor because people like you have this idiotic notion that grammar isn't important. If you plan on posting here with bad grammar, prepare to get corrected. Repeatedly.

well technically lmao is an acronym and is grammatically acceptable.

underyourbreath 8

IpWarfare, are you really taking offense from Trollz4daLULZ or are you trying to keep the trolling rolling? xP

IpWarfare 0

Not really taking offence? More like not gonna let the next main actor in the 40 year old virgin 2 try to make me look dumb when he knows what im talkin bout.

um, you've just been succesfully trolled. Congratulations.

IpWarfare 0

lol well i did reply to trollz but for some reason its not here?.. its probably somewhere

if you wore nothing, you wouldn't have gotten the job

kwmfl 4

No, because the interviewer was blind. So... clothes wouldnt've mattered

No, OP had no idea the interviewer was blind. So you're saying if a blind man was interviewing you, you would wear dirty ripped clothes?

I don't see a problem, the other perople there got to see you. And if you get the job you can wear your suit there..

friedboi 0

look on d bright side, you have a new business casual

mona_is_here 10

You can wear your new suit at work. You would have bought it anyway.

oh wow fyl for being so materialistic never mind the blind guy that won't be able to see anything for the rest of his life.

That's a ridiculous attitude. Having a disability doesn't obligate everyone you encounter to pity you; that's kind of the opposite of equality. Obviously he's doing better than OP is right now.

if you walked in wearing jeans and a tshirt someone should have told them. you never know, they may ask other people how you were dressed. YDI because you feel it's an FML for dressing correctly to an interview and thought it was a waste.

my thoughts exactly. feeling bad for yourself, acting like you put yourself out for no reason.

Ha! I'm with the people who liked this one. Truly, it's not a big deal, OP. Sometimes dressing a certain way can put you in the right frame of mind. If you knew you looked nice, maybe you came off as more confident and self-assured. If you get the job, great! Perhaps the outfit helped. If not, consider it a dress rehearsal for the next big interview.

Trollz- one of your better comments. I guffawed.

IpWarfare 0

Oh yea btw i dont need a 39 year old dude correcting me. Your far down the hill bro. far down. Im still climbing(: So yea i get it you grew up with a chisel and stone. Now its starting to make sence(:

*yeah *I *39-year-old [where did you get the idea that I'm 39?] *You're *I'm *yeah *I *sense Now that the proofreading is over, on to the content! It's obvious that you NEED someone to correct you, since your elementary school English teachers apparently didn't bother. Look at it as a favor; those of us who correct your terrible English are giving you the tools you need to stop looking like quite as big of an idiot. It's also obvious that you are still quite childish because you get so bent out of shape at what strangers on the internet say. In other words, lol r u mad?!

IpWarfare 0

You were born 71? 1971+39= uhh.. umm, shit wait... its on the tip of my tongue.. is it 2010?! Well i ben werkn reel aful hard on my maff ant if i keyp werkn hardr i b abel 2 figyer out wat ur age wil b nex yur,buy den iba maff wizadier, buh duhvishin wil b xtra hard. buh i culd dew it, buh i gotah keyp trien, Sew i dink imma bcum ah maff teechr, den muh pa b reel prowd uh meh.he aint luv meh cents i wah man mayo en hes wener sak, he toll meh i wah suhposd to b shaht on muh mamas tumme. buh i dink he luvs me... oh and i gave up on the whole correctin thing, about just 4-5 people are doin it also so i kinda just skip over that part of your post. im sure it was super funny but it looked boring to me. oh and can you spell check for me?

So? That doesn't mean you shouldn't dress appropriately.