This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By boats - 10/03/2017 00:00

Today, I spent $900 in kayaks and accessories. Come time to put them on the rack, my wife suggested we put one side on the rack and the other in the bed of the truck, and despite my reservations, I went with it. They flew off on the highway less than half a mile. She won't admit responsibility. FML.
I agree, your life sucks 3 156
You deserved it 4 662

Top comments

Shadowvoid 33

You are both at fault, next time secure them and then tie them down

Hybricide 8

If she suggested, but you carried it out, you're just as responsible as she is. Tie your shit down right.

Comments

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
dietcoke09 25
Misskreher 30

"typical" man, being sexist

Jacob Walters 1

Well I mean, when women dont admit anything it isn't wrong for men to point it out. and if that means we are sexiest , then so be it.

GeneralMotors 23

happy women's month... they still do stupid shit even if they're smart. it's called having common sense

hunter818 6
Shadowvoid 33

You are both at fault, next time secure them and then tie them down

That's why auto manufacturers made mirrors! Where else do you tie off canoes and kayaks?

Hybricide 8

If she suggested, but you carried it out, you're just as responsible as she is. Tie your shit down right.

If you thought it wouldn't work why did you do it? that's completely your fault op not your wives

How is your wife in any way responsible? It may have been her suggestion but you are the one that did it...even despite the fact that you thought it was a bad idea. I say the blame lays squarely at your feet OP. Man up and accept responsibility.

ibleedlimegreen 3

Whoever tied the load is responsible. From the wording, sounds like you... so suck it up and accept that you did a terrible job and what should be a basic task.

Great way to risk everyone's lives and waste money. Instinct is a wonderful thing - next time go with it.