By dylanhollis - 17/01/2014 12:49 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I signed up for a dating site and used a photo of my mother and me at a wedding. Everyone stops responding when they find out they're talking to me and not her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 798
You deserved it 9 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might be me, but isn't it a bit odd to use a picture of both of you for a dating site?

Comments

Post a pic of just you so you can find someone who wants you for you

JMichael 25

I guess it's time to change your pic to one of just you.

Meld86 12

You always put a pic of yourself when using dating sites. Sucks that they stop responding. Don't let it discourage you

If you like that photo so much, use the crop tool. You don't have to choose another photo and you will be the only person in the photo. Problem solved.

Kind of your fault. Seems like you'd put a picture of only yourself on a dating site to avoid such confusion.

Are you a man or a woman? Funny in the first, sad in the second case.

well the username is dylan. Dylan is a guys name. So I'm guessing a man.

really? Why would people use it for a girls name? It's origin is the Welsh word for Daniel :S.

I've known girls named Bobby and boys named Dana, I guess a lot of names can be unisex even if some of us disagree. :x

I assuming it's a US thing? Although there are a large number of Welsh speakers in the US of course. No one over here in the UK would ever call a girl Dylan.

Drew Barrymore's character in Charlie's Angels was named 'Dylan'.

that's set in L.A. though isn't it? Which is in America.

DKjazz 20

It's not a such big thing in America either. I've never personally met any person with a gender-swapped name, but I know it happens.

#33, why do there have to be specific girl and boy names? I don't understand why being a girl means you can't be named Daniel, or that being a boy means you can't be named Lucy.

The people probably figured it was your mom because *typically* younger folks can get dates without using the internet sites. Still sucks though.

perdix 29

Your mom is a gem and you're not plain and simple... Don't worry about it OP you'll find someone...