By Nobody - 10/10/2009 12:07 - Singapore

Today, I saw a man lying on the street. He seemed unconscious, so, being a nurse I went over and found he had choked. I removed the object from his throat and used CPR to revive him. My reward? A mouthful of vomit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 661
You deserved it 5 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think saving a life might be a reward

agree with everyone else. So you had to deal with an unappealing part of your job. I think it's worth it if it means saving someone's life.

Comments

when stumbling on random choking ppl laying on the street instead of CPR just roll them on their side. to avoid vomiting.

Generally, choking people aren't going to vomit until after the airway is clear. Rolling a choking person on their side is going to do nothing.

Way to correct a nurse, who is TRAINED to do the right thing in such a situation. Idiot.

hey_nightmare 0

you deserve it for expecting a reward..? wtf?

shut up, he didnt want a reward who wants puke in their mouth anyway? jeez he made a mistake and now you're assuming shit. go troll somewhere else >.<

deathgrowl6 0

yeah why would you EXPECT a reward? your "reward" is the satisfaction of saving someone's life. it sucks that you got puked on, but seriously???

Look, I know that's nasty as hell, but: 1) You saved the guy's life. 2) If you're really a nurse I know at some point your EMS trainer or someone explained to you that it's likely at some point, because there are gonna be times you don't have your CPR kit, that someone's gonna puke, bleed, or spit on you. It'll probably happen again at some point.

Pretty sure they're just sayin' it's part of the job. Don't get a job as a vet if you can't put an animal to sleep. It's not like people like having that stuff happen, but if it's part of the job description, it happens.

Aw :/ I know that's gross, but just feel proud and happy for yourself- you saved the man.

I'm an EMT and anyone in the medical field should know that any victim has the potential to vomit during mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If that bothers you too much, next time use a CPR mask if available.

U must be a Shitty EMT , you both should know PPE/BSI is first . A protective barrier should have been used . No need to be a hero

You know...I'm pretty sure if she's a nurse, she knew about the possibility about the man vomiting in her mouth, but thought it would be a good story to tell anyway. FML needs to lighten up.