By mn051299 - 10/02/2016 09:09 - Switzerland - Richterswil

Today, I sat in my hotel room bathroom in dead silence for 30 minutes while I waited for the cleaning staff to stop watching TV and drinking beer from the minibar, so that I could finish using the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 364
You deserved it 3 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully you complained and the hotel repaid you in full, that's so unprofessional and creepy.

File a complaint, but next time make a loud cough noise to scare them so they know you are there

Comments

Should have walked out there and embarrassed them. I would have complained and got a free week.

If you could've held it and pulled up your pants, you should've jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!! Now GET OUT!" Then immediately reported them. If you're one of those people who takes their phones to the bathroom, you could've recorded them or even called the front desk to immediately come check out a serious issue/emergency with your room.

Why, OP? Are you that afraid of people?

isnobodyhere 32
M3DO 24

Soo, you waited for them to leave? YDI. You should've walked out and kicked them out after getting their names to file a complaint.

Most hotels/motels have a "do not disturb" sign for their rooms to let housekeeping know not to give service to your room until after you check out. Did you remember to put it outside your door?

kinda missed the point there. I think it's more the fact that they are goofing off and using the mini bar which OP will most likely have to pay for. I hope you called the front desk OP, and told them about it so you don't get charged for all of it.

That isnt THE point, #27. It is one. If you are going ro shower/shit/shave/nap/sleep put that sign up. These maids get $8 an hour to clean shit stains out of toilets, scrub vomit, clean cum-stained bed sheets and worse. They arent justified in stealing but they sure as shit are for barging in if that sign wasnt up.

Definitely don't go there again. That's not ok.

moocowmilk0 19

You can easily get them fired, they deserve it