By Kels20 - 07/05/2009 14:18 - United States

Today, I released some ducks I had hand raised with my sisters at a local lake. They were raised around my huge German Shepherd, which explains why they didn't freak out when two huge dogs came out of no where and killed three of them, in front of my little sisters. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 814
You deserved it 7 482

Kels20 tells us more.

Ok... I'm the lady who raised the ducks and I'm not an idiot. 1. at my lake all the female ducks except 2 have been killed or something and only males are left. So I raised some in hope of balancing the equation and hopefully see some chicks within a while. 2. I've done this before, and ducks are wild, so they have know how to survive without me, the other ones did great, but they turned out to be all male except one female, so that's why I tried again the next year. And the ducks that are born in the wild at my lake are hand fed by the people that live here and aren't scared, they run to you thinking that you have bread. 3. I found out later that the dogs that had killed the ducks had also killed some ones kittens, and a cat as well as another small dog. They are now in the animal shelter because they were dangerous. 4. My sisters were upset but next year I'll just get some more, I enjoy watching them grow, and they other four ducks are doing great, surviving like all the other ducks. :) so yeah, not an idiot, just wanted to clear that up. I thought the story would make some people laugh... so I shared it. Have a nice day... God bless.

Top comments

Comments

housemd1120 0

RIP (rest in pieces) That sucks. Your poor sisters.

TornadoChaser 0

Um... well yeah! You don't just release domesticated ducks like that. Why were you raising them in the first place? They should have been turned over to the local wildlife rescue rather than you, obviously untrained and uneducated, keeping them as pets then throwing them out in the wild where they would have zero survival skills. Those poor ducks died because of your stupidity.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
couragewolf9001 0

#10 Wouldn't it be ironic if you met your untimely death by way of a Doberman?

couragewolf9001 0

#10 How is it the owner's fault? How is it the dog's fault? You miserable attempt at self-righteousness has failed. Go delete your System32.

It is the owners fault for releasing domestic ducks into the wild and thinking that they have the survival skills to make it on their own

#13 Not as ironic as it would be if you were mauled to death by 3 ducks wearing leashes.

tishaa_fml 0

@ 14 Seriously, it's neither the dogs nor the owners fault this twit thought it was a good idea to raise wild animals.

actonthat 0

What the hell did you think was going to happen? You don't just release domesticated animals into the wild and expect things to go fine. You're an idiot.

omgitsseejay 0

you think your life sucks, how about those ducks

alexgisforme3 0

omg poor duckies!!!!!! thats terrible!!!!!!!!!!!! omg this is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for the kids too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god bless those ducks...r.i.p =(. i love ducks, probly my favorite animal. theyre amazing creatures. i love animals =). im sad about those duckies =(.

Are you like 12?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because they aren't duckies?!!!!!!!!!!