By AnnieThrax - 18/09/2012 04:35 - United States - Holdingford

Today, I received the heels I'll be wearing at my best friend's wedding. The bride ordered them for us to match the dresses. They're six-inch platform heels. I have three broken toes and am still wearing a boot. The wedding is next weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 345
You deserved it 2 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully, she's not a total Bridezilla and won't get mad at you for "stealing her attention".

Don't worry, the other women wearing the heels will feel like they have three broken toes once the night is over.

Comments

Yikes OP! Of she is any kind of friend at all she will understand and just be happy that you are there for the wedding. FYL :/

OP could be friends with the groom, in which case I hope the bride isn't a total bitch. Obviously there's no way OP can wear the shoes, so I guess at this point it's a question of whether she'll be allowed to come to the wedding.

carnage1108 0

People actually give a shit about this?

well this is kinda what this site is about...unforeseen circumstances that are very unfortunate. which is definitely true in the case of the OP if you know anything about the pain of heels and broken toes. so yeah, you might just be on the wrong website then buddy.

HeyArnold91 8

Maybe at the wedding you will get lucky and find a "sole" mate

on the bright side you can get out of killing yourself walking in those heels next week unlike the other bridesmaids

You'll look like Bella at prom night. Haha I already know people will hate this comment!:P

Isn't it kinda selfish from the future bride to expect all her bridesmaids to wear six-inch heels? I would never force painful feet to anyone on my wedding...

Maybe the bride had ordered the shoes before OP broke her toes?

crazy4uboi 6

How is it selfish? It's her wedding, and dispute what you think heels aren't that bad

Entirely plausible that the bridesmaids liked the heels too.... And then op broke her toes, still likes the shoes but can't wear them.

Why are you not in communication with the Bride. If you are a bff then you guys should be close enough for her to know you broke your toes and can't wear something like that.

If the wedding is next week and she just got her shoes, this means they ordered them at least two weeks ago if not earlier. It normally takes a while for them to come in, and OP must have broken her toes after the shoes were ordered.

Maybe you could get some flats that match the heels and wear one of them on your good foot. It's not really anyone's fault in this situation and hopefully she thinks it's ok. :) xx

Not exactly. She'll need the heel-height that most closely matches her ortho boot. Otherwise, it's exhausting, like walking on a tiny Stairmaster all day. (Unfortunately, I know from experience.)

Decorate that boot to the max. It will be the cool design people will care about not the fact you are wearing a boot.