By bug20 - 18/07/2016 09:27 - United States - Wooster

Today, I received an almost $400 bill for Internet services I don't even have. When I called and talk to them they told me I still owe them $77 because I didn't catch it within 3 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 251
You deserved it 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talk to the head of the billing department. No flunkey is allowed to remove a bill entirely.

Comments

They may NOT bill you for a service you do not have. Speak to a manager or supervisor only.

Oh look! Must be another thoroughly satisfied Comcast customer.

or could be time warner, fios, dish, direct, att...

Seriously though, after oh so many people reply "oh its comcast!", you probably should lay off making yet another thread stating the same thing.

Contact the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO).

da_epic_failman 7

Here's what you do. Call back and explain your situation, and when the first person can't help you, say, "I understand you can't help me, but I know there must be someone there who can. I'd like to speak to your supervisor please." If they say, "I am the supervisor," say, "Oh really? You run the entire company." When they say no, ask to speak to their boss again. Everyone has a boss. Keep going up the chain of command until you get someone who has the authority to clear those charges for you. You can be firm and pushy if required, just don't be mean or rude or get personal with anyone, or else you'll give them grounds to refuse to help you. Good luck!

Not a chance. You don't have the services. You never agreed to have them.

You can sue them for mental harassment, and they will owe you instead.

saffy66 34

How do they expect you to know they were going to bill you for something you never had?

4everBroken 13

If you sue them you won't owe them shit they can't be ******* on the job