By Nearis - 16/02/2011 01:13 - United States

Today, I received a call from the police about a car accident that I was a witness to. As the only witness who stopped to help, I was remembered by the other cars involved. They're blaming me for the accident. The cops want to talk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 897
You deserved it 2 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Unless you were throwing rocks at people's convertibles, you should be fine.

Comments

Man, this week we've had a car roll down its own window and shout at someone (the mcdonald's fml) and now cars are remembering things! Am I missing something? All mine does is guzzle gas and break down.

Sinkhole 26

You obviously need to get a better car. OP's name is Nearis, she probably just misspelled Yaris; don't get yourself one of those, it might get blamed for an accident by the rest of cars involved. They must be Hondas.

DjSmoz 0

I had the same shit happen to me... just have the victim of the accident tell the truth.

LiLCarlson 3

Plus, if there is no damage on your car, it is obvious you cannot be responsible.

No damage on the OP's car is not proof that they aren't responsible. If someone cuts you off in a manner that results in you having to slam on your breaks, which than causes the car behind you to hit you because their breaks didn't stop them in time, than the person who cut you off is technically the cause of the accident. However, their car is damage free. That's just an example there are others that can be thought of.

In that case, the driver of the last car would be held liable for failing to maintain a safe distance from the car in front. It's fairly universal across the states that you must leave enough room between you and the car in front of you to be able to stop in time if they slam on their brakes. Many people get bit by this in accidents, because it is often not practical or possible. If there is evidence, the driver who cut off the car that got hit may be cited for reckless driving (or its local equivalent).

just cause there is no Damage to the ops car does not mean he or she didn't have anything to do with the accident.

Sheereen_Maarof 0

oh, there you go for being nice and honest!

You should of given them a little surprise, if you know what I mean.

Nah there's no way this isn't going to work out for you, just be honest with the police (assuming the accident genuinely wasn't your fault, which by the sounds of it it wasn't), if the other people only THINK you were responsible when you weren't they're going to have no 'proof' whatsoever, so as long as you can state clearly and concisely what actually happened you win!

gtrgdss 0

what world are you living in? they don't invite you to the station to play tiddlywinks.

Wait a minute I just reread that, you weren't even involved by the sounds of it you simply witnessed it! That's even better, like someone else said just be totally honest with everyone involved, victims, other witnesses and police, ps you never know they could've got the wrong person!

Wait a minute I just reread that, you were only involved as a witness not actually in the accident, in which case it's even more in your favour, as I say be completely honest, clear and concise with everyone involved, police, victims and those other witnesses, someone else said that too :)