By anonymous - 15/08/2016 03:35 - United States - Bloomington

Today, I received a birthday card from my dad, over a week late. It was addressed to me using my maiden name, the enclosed check also made out to me using my maiden name. I've been married for over 10 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 219
You deserved it 1 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A) at least he sent you one; B) your maiden name is likely his last name and that probably means a lot to him; C) at least you have a dad. D) all of that is bullshit reasoning and really that's kind of shitty of him.

PBplusJ 12

Create a fake identity in your maiden name in order to receive this money

Comments

Can't tell if your father was being absent minded or if this is slightly passive aggressive. You should remind him to get it right in the future. Whether he means to or not, this is kind of rude.

take your birth certificate and marriage license to the bank and explain the situation. they'll still give you the money

Maybe Dad is slipping mentally. Perhaps a phone call or visit front his daughter is in order.

LittleLittlered7 6

If your dad is anything like mine, its a passive aggressive hint

Am I the only one thinking, wow that's nice to get a check from dad after you've been married for ten years, aka an adult? Yes, I realize the wrong name is either a not so subtle hit or something else.

Unlucky1232 20

point? seriously it's still your name and he clearly cares about you. Who cares what sur name is used?

ezrajab 22

I see western union in your future op

Check the date on the check, maybe he wrote it ten years and one week ago and gave it to you VERY late.

Dude, that's shitty. I hope you get things worked out OP.

Actually I did call him and we both laughed it off! He has just been very busy with work and getting my two younger sisters off to school, and just wrote it without really thinking. We talk often so there are no issues and he loves my husband so no harm there! Bank deposited the check with absolutely no hassle as well! All is good, y'all! Thanks!