By sydstreet - 25/12/2013 15:33 - United States - Dallas

Today, I realized there is nothing quite like having your mother be too hungover to open presents on Christmas morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 223
You deserved it 2 859

sydstreet tells us more.

sydstreet 9

My mother is an alcoholic who refuses help. She gets drunk and violent so I'll try not to sue her over that! thanks pal I feel so much better!!!!

Top comments

For Christmas you should give her aspirin, water, Alka Seltzer, and a bucket.

Comments

A taste of things to come. Maybe next year you could give her a hangover cure as a gift.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

At least you know someone had a good time!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sydstreet 9

My mother is an alcoholic who refuses help. She gets drunk and violent so I'll try not to sue her over that! thanks pal I feel so much better!!!!

I'm sorry OP. I know this is a tough situation. Maybe you could stage an intervention with family and friends? Sit her down with a bunch of other people and maybe she'll realize how her actions are affecting others. Best of luck!

frizz101 22

I know the feeling OP, my mother is the same way. The only advice I can give you is to not invite her to family events in the future.

I know where you coming from OP growing up with an alcoholic family member isn't easy. I really hope you have someone else you can turn to, maybe spending a few family holidays with another part of the family will help her see that what she does is really hurting you and she will get the help she needs otherwise, I hope you can stay strong!

For Christmas you should give her aspirin, water, Alka Seltzer, and a bucket.

The only part that will work in your list is the bucket. There is no magical cure for a hangover other than moderation. And that is something that OP's mother does not have.

Moderation isn't a cure either. I feel like it's more of an attempt at prevention, though the only way to prevent a hangover for sure is not to drink. And besides, those things are just to help.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

and how exactly did she LET her mother get drunk? and since when is a child responsible for their parent's actions?

rhcpgurl 18

Sounds like your mom knows how to celebrate Christmas!

olpally 32

That sounds like my Christmas morning. Rater foolish of me to start the day off with orange juice.