By Anonymous - 08/08/2014 19:34 - United States

Today, I realized that my dog, who's 11, eats his own shit, and chews bones like crazy still has 10 times nicer teeth than I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 445
You deserved it 8 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Your dog is secretly a dentist and flosses 10 times a day

When I was little I teethed on rawhides...that might work?

Comments

Aero_x 21

OP said that his dog has bad dental hygiene, not himself. His teeth just aren't as pretty as his dog's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought canine saliva is actually cleaner than human saliva? And therefore, the dog's teeth might be "nicer" than OP's?

I don't think flossing is the only thing going to give OP nice teeth, brushing them? With baking soda once a week possibly? Just a suggestion.

Eat shit and chew bones problem solved

When I was little I teethed on rawhides...that might work?

CallMeWindSock 24

Your dog is secretly a dentist and flosses 10 times a day

Animekid126 13

I don't really think dogs need to floss, there teeth are pretty spaced out compared to ares and brushing would probably do fine

Dem grammar skillz doe. Seriously though, #34, your comment made me twitch.

His joke went over your head didn't it?

Chewing is actually good for a dog's mouth and helps with their teeth. This could be partially the reason.

3, that's the only logical reason the dog has nice teeth.

I am ashamed of my terrible attempt at a joke. I would like to apologize to not just those who looked at my comment, but to the FML community. My joke was not only bad, it was atrocious. I'm terribly sorry about my actions.

Aero_x 21

Bad teeth can be from genetics. My mother's side of the family has soft enamal and bad sensitivity. My sister ended up with braces while I just barely needed them! You can get them fixed :)

braces only fix the structure of your teeth...they don't do anything for sensitivity or enamel. also, I'm curious as to how you just barely needed them? did you have them?

badluckalex 23

im guessing she means she only needed them for a very short amount of time

It's proven dogs teeth are cleaner than humans

What's brown and sticky? Pretty much everything your dog eats.

Maybe you should start chewing bones? If you know what I mean...

I'm gonna do that with coconut oil soon! It's meant to be great for your mouth and teeth!!

Sinuses and sleep quality as well, I think.

I'm a little concerned about your dog. I could be wrong, but I thought that dogs weren't supposed to eat crap, and that if they did, it sometimes meant they were sick? You may want to take your dog to the vet to make sure he's ok. Again, I could be wrong, it's just what I've heard and I know my dog doesn't eat crap. Other commenters may want to comment if this is true or not.

A lot of dogs each their poop... It's one way they cover their scent

Gravenmuir 18

My dog eats her own poop all the time. Almost daily. It's disgusting, but it happens. Puppy problems. She's perfectly healthy, though.

Good to know. I just heard it could be cause they were sick. Something about what they were missing in their diet or something. Obviously the wrong information though. Thanks for clearing that up.