By WaxOnWaxOff - 06/09/2012 21:50 - United States - Denver

Today, I realized that my boyfriend really does have a problem with my upper-lip hair. I woke up this morning to him ripping a wax strip off of my face. All he could say after I stopped shrieking was that he had hoped it wouldn't wake me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 435
You deserved it 9 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rddvl 11

Wax his eyebrows off while he's sleeping!

LiesAndMischief 4

20 - You know what? No, **** that. A girl doesn't have to shave, wax, whatever if she doesn't ******* want to. I don't care who you are, as long as you keep yourself clean, you should never be made to feel bad for having a little facial hair, leg hair, hair wherever. If you find yourself not attracted to such a person, then fine, but don't you DARE try to force your opinion onto someone else like that. That is such an inexcusable invasion of personal space, seriously.

Comments

Every woman has upper lip hair... just some are darker then others. Your boyfriend is a moron if he can't love you no matter what you look like. FYL

TheDrifter 23

That sounds like the sort of excuse the morbidly obese use for being single. Personal grooming and hygeine is a reflection of ones personality traits, people don't lose lovers because of how they look, but rather the attitudes and (in)actions that led them to that state.

LiesAndMischief 4

35 - Nice try, but being obese and having some HAIR on your upper lip is completely different. Obesity is unhealthy for anyone, while facial hair is socially acceptable for men but deemed "gross" and "ugly" on women. Also, ******* bullshit about shaving having anything to do with hygiene. That's like saying any guy who has a mustache is dirty.

TheDrifter 23

Shaving isn't hygeine, you missed the point. Hygeine and grooming are seperate but equal factors to ones appearance. Neglecting either is a sign that a person cares little for themselves and less for their mate. That's why it's such a turnoff.

Yes, but women are expected to do much much more "grooming" than men are. Shaving/Hair is just one example: Men are generally expected to keep their hair neat and to shave their beards, whereas women are expected to remove every piece of hair that does not sit on top of their heads, in addition to keeping that hair perfectly coiffed. If women have facial hair/pubic hair/whatever, they are called "ugly", "dirty", "lazy", "unhygienic" and other similar things, but men are not.

TheDrifter 23

Yup, it is FAR from fair, but it is the societal norm that people have been comditioned to respond to. Sure, you can get past it, but not with everyone.

Some girls make their boyfriends shave too. It's not only girls that have to shave everything. And also if a guy has a beard, they are considered scruffy looking. Which for lack of a better term, means bummy. Women are not the only ones characterized by body hair.

TheDrifter 23

I have the same issue. I fail to understand how people can blindly maintain that "love" should forgive every poor choice, abusive action and unilateral decision they make. True love is a wonderful thing, but it is a balance between partners, not an indestructible rope binding another person to you.

Lizza330 28

If he had an issue with it then he should have said something to you, not take matters into his own hands. Especially since it's your body. He could've really hurt you if he didn't know what he was doing.

JOcoco 14

True I'm surprised he didn't accidentally do what my mom did to me once and rip off some of the skin from her lip. Which hurts like ass btw.

SystemofaBlink41 27

13- not that I justify him doing that, but I'm assuming the boyfriend has mentioned the facial hair thing, because she wrote "I realized that my boyfriend REALLY has a problem with my upper lip"... I dunno, to me it sounds like she confirmed the doubt...

I don't know what's worse. The fact that he doesn't like you as is or the fact that he thought ripping your upper lip hair off wouldn't wake you up.

That should probably give you a hint that you should do it yourself.

Well he's a jerk he should've told u that it disturb him..and u should wax it urself instead of letting it all grow

lovemesomeanth 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kandi_kid69 15

21- She shouldn't have to if she doesn't want to do it.

onorexveritas 23

you're over exaggerating. it doesn't hurt to get waxed

day624 14

I'm sure since she was sleeping and was awoken by hot wax being ripped off her face, that it not only hurt like hell but freaked her out... Where is the exaggeration in her statement exactly?

Wtf are you talking about. It does hurt. I once waxed everything - and I mean everything - for my ex. It was god awful. And don't even get me started on the ingrown hairs.

What the hell!!!???!! Are You just Numb all over??! That shit Is Painful!!!

makeupjunkie 5

Who would be attractive to a mustache? It's called grooming and maintaining yourself. He's an asshole for doing that without your permission, however you should still keep up with yourself.

makeupjunkie 5

Those people that thumbed me down are hairy little monsters. :p

makeupjunkie 5

I love how they keep deleting my comments. Even my correction. How ******* bias.

Geez I don't think she posted this for her self confidence to be destroyed! A lot of girls get hair on their face and unless you're one of them you have no idea how humiliating and how much of a burden it is, I'm sure if she said he waxed her eyebrows you would have supported her but because it's her upper lip you decide to be disrespectful and tease her, that's very sad, go get a life!

TheDrifter 23

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What is this, a school-yard sand pit? Grow the hell up, Drifter.

TheDrifter 23

I'm sorry, it was meant as a joke but I see that this subject touches some VERY sensitive nerves, so I'll endeavour to keep personal grooming jokes to myselff.

Wax his pubes and say, "Oh, didn't think you'd feel that." Then dump his ass. Good luck, OP!