By Anonymous - 20/09/2012 12:31 - United States

Today, I realized just how bad my 28-year-old husband's gamer rage is when I came home to a smashed TV. This is the second TV in three months that he's destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 073
You deserved it 4 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smash one TV, shame on you. Smash two TVs, shame on me.

Comments

I can really comprehend this....sometimes it's so frustrating, especially the people who don't move around much.

After the first time, you tell him to grow the **** up and act his goddamned age. That's inexcusable behaviour for an adult. After the second time, you take the console away. If he's going to act like an impulsive teenager, then you treat him like one. I'm sure the "hardcore" gamers will give me shit for this. Go ahead. But remember this: No matter what, IT'S JUST A GAME.

^ Actually, I agree with you: If a video game is affecting you that much in a negative way, it's time to turn off indefinitely and find something more productive to do with your time. :p

I used to be hardcore gamer, I know when to shut off my Xbox. When I do get mad at the game, which is seldom because I do know it's a game. Then I go outside and enjoy my real life. So doc any hardcore gamers other then me, that give you are time. Subscribe them so life.

17: People need to be responsible for their own behavior, if nothing else. I'm with you 100% on this.

I can't stand gamers who scream and damage things over a game. His wife needs to take the console away until he sees help for his angry and impulsivity.

Couldn't agree with you more. Both my boyfriend and I play video games and online games together (...more than we should), and I know the games or the other players can be frustrating. But seriously, throwing a fit over a game (not just complaining, but getting actually mad and/or physically lashing out) is so childish and SUCH a turn off, in my opinion. There is no reason (aside from immaturity) for an adult to throw a fit about a game. Whether or not he's paying for the TVs is irrelevant, I think, because, as a married person, how he wastes his money impacts the whole family's funds.

No, I agree with you. I've been into some really frustrating games, but anytime you want to destroy the television, it is time to play something less stressful, or break in general for a bit. Televisions are not cheap to replace.

olpally 32

I have rage problems like that in video games, but I don't destroy the tv completely for it when I get killed... Jeez... Anger management anyone? Lmao... Take his video games away and ground him for a week. Good lord.

Trix_Disorder 20

So you just beat on the tv a little bit? :)

olpally 32

he needs to put the controller down for good.

spedroza 0

Umm, he needs to go to anger management. Maybe you should only let him play video games when your home. O_O Maybe not at all.

Trix_Disorder 20

*you're -Friendly reminder from the grammar police of FML

murphdarkly 13

I would recommend an anger management intervention, anger issues that bad, it won't be long before he loses his temper on you OP...

Came here to say exactly THIS....OP needs to watch out for any signs of anger being directed at her.

Iknoweverything 29

Use the rage you have from him destroying the tv to destroy his gamer console. See how he likes having his shit destroyed from fits of anger. And then get a hotel room. If he's this angry at the tv, I wouldn't want to take a chance of simply taking away the console so that he's enraged until he finds it. And I sure as hell wouldn't stay in that house after smashing the console until he's calmed the hell down!

Obviously your name is wrong. Destroying the console would create a lot more problems than it would solve