By bowser_rawr16 - 12/03/2012 20:12 - Canada

Today, I realized how poor I am when I had to use sharpies to color in the worn spots on my dress shoes before leaving for work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 956
You deserved it 2 689

bowser_rawr16 tells us more.

bowser_rawr16 13

OP here. Thanks lol. That's actually exactly what I was doing. I'm only 21, and I work in a very professional office, and I always need to look my best. I can't afford new shoes at the time, so that's why I sharpied them.

Top comments

SugarCrazy 14

I'm not poor and I do that >_>

darien987 1

Comments

lizard399 0

You're not poor if you have Internet!

pinkcrayola 0

It's called the library. Even then, I'd say that many of the low income families I've known have been able to afford it. If you balance your money to be able to afford it you'll most likely be able to even of you don't make much money.

He could had stop paying for his cable just to have Internet. Nowadays, you need Internet for everything; from applying for a job to looking up info of any kind.

xStaciexLynnx 15

I don't have Internet in my home because I can't afford it. I do have it on my phone though so it's not bad but still- you can live without it.

bowser_rawr16 13

OP here, You're correct. I do only have the internet because I need it for work and school. I don't need cable. And I fortunately only have to pay like $20 a month.

perdix 29

At least you have Sharpies! Find a piece of cardboard and make a "Will Work for Food" sign. Then, use the black one to "remove" some teeth, and hang out under an underpass. You'll rake in enough dough to buy a helluva wardrobe!

You're awfully knowledgeable about that perdix. It makes me wonder what you do in your spare time...

perdix 29

Hey, I've got to scare up the money for the DSL somehow! I gots ta have the DSL!

FMLsOhilarious 6

#21, So you've got to have dick sucking lips? Because that's what DSL stands for in my book.

desireev 17

32- Which goes to show that you're nothing but a complete tool-box!

FMLsOhilarious 6

#54 How am I a "tool-box"? Everyone that has common sense in the slang department would automatically associate DSL with dick sucking lips. Get over yourself.

desireev 17

Yeah.. Cause that's something everyone wants to be involved in! 'The Slang Department'! Man! I'd sure be 'cool' if I could get a membership to that! Lol

Seriously 74, what are you 12? It it's shitty Internet over the phone. It's only dick sucking lips to little pervs like you.

FMLsOhilarious 6

Yeah, and it's an awesome membership too. You're such a troll, stop replying to my comment. And 86, since you're all knowing, what DOES it stand for?

perdix 29

#32, #74, #95, You DO win the prize for catching the double-entendre! I was ostensibly referring to the Digital Subscriber Line (6 Mbps for $20/month is not shitty!), and I only learned about the other expansion of that abbreviation very, very recently. So, tell me about this book of yours :) I'm sure the other DSL would cost a lot more than twenty bucks a month, but when the service goes down, that's a good thing. A Very Good Thing!

SmallBean 12

I thought desireev is supposed to always be nice. on this FML alone she's called someone a dumb ass and a tool-box...

Instead if saying, "Will work for food", I would write on some cardboard, "Bet you can't hit me with a quarter!".

desireev 17

116- Yeah, well I do get sick and tired of trolls. I do have a bad side. But it's rare. It only comes out when the trolls want to play! I get tired of seeing people constantly put crappy comments and troll people. I can only handle it for so long. Sometimes, the best thing for a troll is a taste of their own medicine!

You're resourceful and you have a job. Hang in there, things will turn up!

Yeah, just because you do that doesn't mean your poor. I also do it and I'm far from poor.

You are 15, wait until university sweetie.

AlaskaKid95 7

You're 15 so you mean your parents are far from poor?

Just wait until after college when you join the large number of folks that have tuition to pay off and perhaps maybe wind up having to work shitty jobs because you can't land a career job.

desireev 17

So I'm guessing that you have a Coach purse and a closet full of American Eagle and Abercrombie clothing, judging by the fact that you're 15-years-old? Your parents may have money, but that doesn't make it yours.

RabidBunny 10

You think thats bad. My shoes have holes in them :/ but they are comfortable as hell! :D

Spend less on other things, buy a new pair. Always dress professionally for work.

Tuffycat10 0

Omg i would totally do that too lol except i wouldprobably draw poka-dots lol

cjwalsh86 0

If you can still afford sharpies, you're not poor!

I get my sharpies from the hallway at school. It's free and if I'm lucky I can find some lunch too...