By Anonymous - 03/09/2013 05:06 - United States - Caldwell

Today, I realized how nice it was that, after moving into my ground-floor apartment, I no longer have to worry about being too loud walking on the floor at night. Today, I found out that my upstairs neighbors do not have any qualms about shouting or stomping their feet loudly at night, either. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 212
You deserved it 3 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On the bright side, if you throw a party they can't complain about the noise!

RedPillSucks 31

Perhaps a nice civil discussion with them will solve this issue

Comments

I was always warned about ground- floor apartments. They're usually the first ones that get burglarized. And where I live, we have floods.

TheDrifter 23

We get floods here too, that's why we put the in laws suite in the basement.

If you know a buff guy friend then tell him to go intimidate them. All he has to do is introducing himself as the new tenant

No one ever realizes how loud they actually are until they're on the receiving end of the noise. Jut politely ask of they could tone it down a little. If they don't comply, then you do have assholes for neighbors.

That sucks OP. I've lived with both situations; the woman above me in one apartment wore high heels in the apartment (floorboards, yay), and in another apartment, my flatmates and I were told we were too noisy, even though we were walking normally. The acoustics in that second apartment were weird though- we could hear the downstairs neighbour peeing!

You can always ask them politely to keep it down.

jw90 18

I have this problem as well. Neighbors stomping up stairs at wee hours of the night. It gets old and annoying when one is trying to sleep.

thats exactly why I hate living under people.

I feel your pain OP my upstairs neighbors sound like they're constantly bowling :(

TheDrifter 23

It seems very few apartment building owners have caught onto the trick of insulating between floors or laying dynamat under hardwood to kill sound transfer.

Karma for being a lousy neighbour to others

Did you read? She was conscious that she was walking quietly to not annoy her downstairs neighbours last time, and the new people above her aren't...

What makes you think OP was a lousy neighbour to others?