By KayIsKiwi99 - 29/08/2016 19:00 - United States - Houston

Today, I realized after turning in my resume to over 100 job openings over the past month, that the resume I've been submitting does not have my phone number or any other contact information besides my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 377
You deserved it 16 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you have someone else check it besides yourself. You need to proof read multiple times to make sure it has all the crucial information. I don't see how you could leave that off. I hear that nobody really looks at them anyway and they should have your contact info from your application. Still, it's your own fault for not paying attention to the crucial details.

Always, always check your resumes for that stuff. YDI

Comments

That sucks balls man. Here's to next month! Lol

Unless you're Adele or Rhianna, you can't do that man.

Talis99 26

They teach proofreading skills in school. Even if you've done it three times already, do it four.

Honestly, that's the first thing you should have wrote when first writing up your resume - draft or final. YDI

That's what I was thinking! It should be at the very top and hard to miss!

There's only one thing for it- change your name and send them out in a slightly different format with your details, they'll never notice! Or do follow-up calls, say you've updated your contact details and ask them to make a note of it. Better than doing nothing right?

I truly hope you didn't have 'Attention to detail' on it.

How? Seriously? Did you not check? Definitely a YDI.

That is literally the most important thing on the resume.

squiros 2

you had ONE Jo oh wait. well, at least now we know why.

camiftw 1

I mean does it really matter though, dont you put your contact info on the actual application

Aren't there jobs out there where your resume is used in place of an application?

skyttlz 32

30- yes, some jobs I've applied to that are employee owned and not big chain stores don't have applications. You just drop off your resume.