By Rainbow_Rhinos - 28/11/2015 07:17 - Australia

Today, I realised there's a reason that no one talks to the weird guy from choir practice. I was nice to him a couple weeks ago and now he won't stop following me around the school and watching my group at lunch from behind a pole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 465
You deserved it 2 052

Rainbow_Rhinos tells us more.

OP here. My friends and I checked him out and he has a history of doing the same thing to girls in his own grade (he's a year below me). He bugs them online and invites himself into their lunch group, as well as watching from behind poles. He isn't very physically threatening, so no one sees him as a threat, but more of an annoyance. And very creepy. I'm not rude to him, but I don't want to encourage the behaviour so I just ignore it. When he comes over to our group we start talking loudly about bras or tampons and he wanders away soon enough.

Top comments

The thing is, he's not gonna stop because he probably doesn't realise how creepy he looks. You should tell him once and for all, in a kind way, that the way he acts is a problem for you and your friends. It might hurt him on the moment, but it will be better for him on the long term. Hopefully, he will not act like that anymore with you or with other girls. I'm saying that because i was "that weird guy" some times ago (I have autism), and realising it allowed me to work on my behaviour.

Now's your chance to test your spy skills, stalk him back, REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

Comments

And that's the moment you walk up to him to say you don't appreciate that kind of behaviour. Don't let his social awkwardness be the immediate reason to be -or defriend him, but try to learn him some social skills.

I know someone like this too ... It is pretty awkward to let them know that they are kind of "unwanted" ,but you got to tell them ,otherwise they never gonna change

I had that happen to me too in school! I had a habit of being friendly to the mis-fits despite everyone else's opinion on them. One of them turned out to be more into creeping like yours, but a few turned out to be really great people so don't let it put you off being kind.

I was nice to a few of these kids at school, as someone who was bullied myself I didn't see much point in joining in with the bullying, and then they would start to follow me everywhere, including following me home after school.. I lived a 5 minute walk from school so it wasn't too bad, but they'd often invite themselves into my house. They weren't weird enough for me to tell them to leave, luckily, I just didn't ask them to come to my house.

It's a sad time when you learn that trying to be a good person means people will take advantage of that and over-step your boundaries. When you say there was more than one of them I'm imagining a horde of zombie school-kids following you around everywhere, creepy!

Yeah, I kinda did that too. Someone did that for me, so I decided that id do it too. something to help others. I found alot of em were creepy n such but it was never boring atleast. Those misfits are the most loyal freinds you can ever possibly have. The day my family had a crisis, and I came back to school I had an army that shut down any drama and stopped alll the other douchedicks. Theyre the ones who stand by you in hard times. Always be kind to them.

Ya, I had the same thing happen to me too. Because I was nice to them they felt we were best friends, and didn't give me any space and followed me around. It makes it very difficult and puts you in a difficult position.

OP here. My friends and I checked him out and he has a history of doing the same thing to girls in his own grade (he's a year below me). He bugs them online and invites himself into their lunch group, as well as watching from behind poles. He isn't very physically threatening, so no one sees him as a threat, but more of an annoyance. And very creepy. I'm not rude to him, but I don't want to encourage the behaviour so I just ignore it. When he comes over to our group we start talking loudly about bras or tampons and he wanders away soon enough.

The thing is, he's not gonna stop because he probably doesn't realise how creepy he looks. You should tell him once and for all, in a kind way, that the way he acts is a problem for you and your friends. It might hurt him on the moment, but it will be better for him on the long term. Hopefully, he will not act like that anymore with you or with other girls. I'm saying that because i was "that weird guy" some times ago (I have autism), and realising it allowed me to work on my behaviour.

Well said #20. A lot of people wouldn't even think telling or helping him.

That's weird. It's people like that that'll turn into psychopaths.

#44, it's a far better idea to tell the person or the school first. He's not an actual stalker.

Any chance you could talk to him about it, and explain to him why this behavior is not socially acceptable? He probably has aspergers or another type of autism, but it doesn't mean he won't listen to reason. Mocking him or talking about him behind his back is only gonna do harm. *takes off serious hat* The tampons idea is genius.

I've been in this exact same situation before OP, and it really sucks when you're a naturally nice person. But you really should, in a polite way, find a way to tell him to lay off a bit. It'll be for your and his own good in the long-run. Best wishes!

I understand completely what you're going through, OP, and I get that you don't want to make it anything worse than what it is now, but you have to be careful. There's a boy who does that in my grade, and he does that exact same behavior to many of the girls in my grade and other grades as well. It can escalate quickly, so don't disregard all of his behaviors as harmless.

20. yep most don't even know I have atisum. (sorry for the bad spelling)

Queen_of_Night 20

Sorry OP. Happened to me in college. I helped a guy out during his project and he would not leave me alone, even after I changed my number. My future M.I.L. and S.I.L. are both professors there. When I mentioned it to them they both told me to stop talking to him, he did this to girls all the time. One said of all the kids she's taught over the years there were about 4-5 students she thought would shoot up the school, he was one of them.

Not to be rude, but talking about bras and tampons sometimes makes the situation worse, like these girls in my school were having one of their stupid conversations again, and I just walked by and they started talking about their brand of tampons like they thought I was trying to butt in. Like I care, tampons and periods don't faze me, like they thought it would, and they went and got me in trouble for sexual harassment. I didn't even get to explain. Some girls smh.

I honestly feel for this guy, he obviously lacks in social skills and has a desire to socialize but is being rejected due to his lack of ability to socialize, it wouldn't hurt to just let him sit with you and get to know him. He has a desire to socialize and if you let him he'll probably seem less creepy over time. I say this because I have aspergers & Autism and it really does impair my ability to socialize with people, I sometimes come off as creepy myself, but I'm not gonna go shoot up a school over it. rejecting him won't correct his behavior, allow him to socialize, get to know him, and if he says something out of line, find a nice way to tell him, he's going to keep repeating this behavioral pattern until it is corrected. HELP HIM! He's a human being and unless he's a sociopath he does have feelings, he's trying to be your friend the only way he knows how.

My friend had a stalker at college. She doesn't go anywhere alone anymore, carries pepper spray, is looking into a taser and got a restraining order. She was pretty terrified.

That sort of thing makes me think that if she's getting creepy feelings from this guy then trying to make him understand his behaviour is off-putting and further pursue a friendship could easily back-fire. Hopefully he has parents and councillors who can help him with his social skills if they're that bad. It's admirable to to be open and accepting of people but ultimately we've all got to look out for our own peace and comfort levels.

... I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations?

Poor kid is probably socially awkward and doesn't know how to properly be friends with someone. Reach out to him. Be honest and tell him that what he's doing isn't acceptable and try to be patient with him. It's hard being an outcast. You said yourself everyone thinks he's the "weird guy" at school.

She did try to reach out to him, and he in turn made her feel uncomfortable. Persevering would be what was done in an ideal world but I don't blame her if she's now a bit put off talking to him

Ashgb757 5

He is probably just a loner looking for some friends. Just don't be mean to him

atomicxsarah 17

He is probably lonely and wants to be friends. Maybe he is watching your group because he's too shy to approach everyone. Maybe invite him for lunch one day and see how it goes. You never know you could end up having a good friend or a crazy stalker!