By Anonymous - 09/08/2015 00:03 - United Kingdom - Clevedon

Today, I realised that my closeted gay friend has dated more women this year than I have in my 28 years of life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 267
You deserved it 2 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he's gay is it fair that he is dating women giving them a false hope of a relationship?

Comments

Maybe you could pick up some tips from him! From how I've seen my friends treated, some men's overpowering need to get laid prevents them from showing women proper respect. Maybe your friend is making a good first impression by attempting to engage their brains instead of their privates?

Anyone ever think that his closest gay friend is a lesbian? Everyone is assuming that his closest friend is a man.

Well she wouldn't be all that far in the closet if she is dating women would she?

That is exactly what I was thinking. A lot of men have women Bestfriends, and a lot of women have male Bestfriends.

I just didn't think it's that much of an fml if your gay female friend is dating lot of people who she actually wants to date. Wouldn't you just be happy she's having success despite her obvious difficulties?

He never said his friend was female, it sounds like his closeted gay friend is a guy or he'd be calling "her" a "lesbian" more likely. Which shows why he'd be more jealous as well

Doesn't mean anything towards you. If he's hiding the fact that he's gay then he might just be dating any random girls just to keep up the facade that he's straight?

ourtneyc 14

I know this was posted as anonymous but this should have a follow up. like is he bisexual or really a closeted homosexual? are these girlfriends just cover ups?

Bookworm1982 4

Remember, since he is gay, he has zero emotional investment in these girls. He is planning to break up with them from the moment he introduces himself. That removes a lot of the pressure you would experience when you try to pick up a woman. Also, he probably has to break up with them quickly, to prevent the relationship from getting to the sex stage. So for him, women are easy to pick up and need to be dumped quickly. Of course he's had more girlfriends than you.

Obviously what he's doing is working then, OP. You should ask him for some pointers. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Mooglefox 23

Because he's in the closet and trying to appear straight?

Why'd you put "straight women?" lol.

You should tell the girlfriends that he is gay. That's so wrong of him to do, giving those girls false hope and a false sense of a relationship. Those girls don't deserve to be lead on and honestly your friend is a jerk.

Maybe he is only dating closeted lesbians . That way its a fair relationship. He would have to move on to a new relationship before it people start questioning why they aren't moving the relationship forward.

It's also wrong to out someone. It's not okay to tell other people someone is gay if they aren't out. Gay people can lose their jobs in the US, word could get out to his parents and screw him over, the kind of town he lives in might be violent. He is probably dating these women to keep the façade of being straight for personal safety.

tiredofwaiting 25

Yeah maybe he is bisexual. And don't lose hope I am sure you will find the right girl give it time.