By kbeavv - 11/02/2010 17:09 - United States

Today, I read my mom's Facebook status. It said, "So sick of kids, can't wait for Vegas this week!" My dad, along with 12 others, liked it. I didn't even know she was going to Vegas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 948
You deserved it 4 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

God, you people are harsh. Family members generally should give each other at least a heads up before something like that, for safety and such. Not to mention the fact that the wording makes it sound like the OP is a minor. So the mom is a **** for not even telling her own child that she's going on vacation. What kind of relationship is that? They may as well just disown each other and never speak again.

Comments

God, you people are harsh. Family members generally should give each other at least a heads up before something like that, for safety and such. Not to mention the fact that the wording makes it sound like the OP is a minor. So the mom is a **** for not even telling her own child that she's going on vacation. What kind of relationship is that? They may as well just disown each other and never speak again.

christen09 8

i know like what if there was an emergency and u didnt know where the hell she was.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Yeah, I know. So many people are so stupid about this. I see the OP as young, so why are people acting like it's no big deal for the mom to just take off like that without warning (except via Facebook)?

Exactly! I guess the mom was just going to let the kid wake up one morning to find her gone and freak out. Or if she was killed, injured, went missing, etc. the cops would be like, "Ok, when did you last see your mom and where was she going?" Kid: "Um, I saw her like a week ago. She wasn't planning any vacations any time soon."

fmlrage 0

wow drama queen much? sounds like a spoiled brat

mrbuddy 0

Maybe the kid just never paid attention. the mother hasn't left yet. nothing wrong with saying, "Dad and I are going on vacation, you're staying at grandmas" at the last minute.

Ajjas013 6

Your mom cares about you! She's gonna be big as a hooker and make a lot of money to support you.

girlygirl666 0

@ Intoxicunt- Maybe she plans to tell the kid(s) right before she leaves. I've done that before, when they were young enough to need a baby-sitter, and I didn't want to spend the whole time before the trip hearing them whine about staying with their Grandparents. I really didn't like to go away without them, but needed husband time away. I already felt bad about it, and didn't need the extra guilt trip. Then when they were older and were going to have the house to themselves, I'd give them as short notice as possible to give them less time to plan parties. Just in case the threat of never knowing who might be popping in at any time to check up on things didn't keep them honest.

AGGoddess 2

Yes, Mom's can have lives and complain about them too, but get off the OP's back. For all you guys know, it may be the OP's brothers or sisters who are the kids that are driving their mother nuts instead of the OP. And the mother should at least tell the family that she's going to Vegas, in case of emergency.

bigpapi210 0

quit being a crybaby. parents need breaks from the kiddos once in awhile. get over it.

Well if this devastated you...just think how happy they'll be when you turn 18!!

zzyber 4

yup...life f'd....can't believe your parents would go on vacation!!! how dare they and not think of you as well!!!! > <

Parents should at least notify their children before going on vacations. If they just take off, the children could report them missing.

KurouTenshi 0

When they're gone, you can throw a party! :D Just don't put it up on your facebook, or else your parents may not go on said cruise--and then they'd be stuck with you longer, you don't want THAT now, do you?

First off, I hope you don't think your life is ****** because she isn't bringing you with her. That's selfish. She wants a vacation away from you. Let her have it. You'll have plenty of vacations in your lifetime. Second, if you think your life is ****** because she said she's sick of her kids, well.. who cares? It was definitely rude of her to post it on Facebook but parents get tired of us. They wish we would go away. Get over it. In any case, she should have notified you. It's nice to get a heads up about where your parents are going.

helyeah2016 0