By BGood - 21/12/2011 16:30 - United States

Today, I ran into my ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend at a grocery store. We haven't seen each other since we broke up a few months ago, and when he introduced me, he called me by the wrong name. We dated for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 377
You deserved it 3 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hippityhopp 2

Should've said "you must have been the girl he cheated on me with."

beddington 7

No, should've said "this is your future", soon he won't remember you either."

Comments

lowiza 5

Good thing you broke up with him

She never said that, her ass couldve been dumped!

lowiza 5

There's no good explination for calling her with the wrong name when they'd been together that long.

delilah09 6

Maybe he was nervous? New gf could be psycho. You never know.

OneNightStan 2

- 39- Ya there is, to be a dick and basically say I'm over you, I can't even remember your name.

What says she wasn't a lying cheating *****?? Would you want to remember that persons name? It's a two way street.

So what if he didn't remember her name? He could've been pretending or, as others have said, simply forgot about her because she's a cheater.

lowiza 5

63... You're right. Can be that way

It's not really his responsibility to remember her name. They broke up, we don't know the circumstances, but since when does he need to remember this? Maybe he was having an off day, maybe he wasn't thinking.. Point is, it's not a priority in his life anymore. Maybe forgetting is kinda much, but still doesn't mean he's a dick for forgetting about his ex. Maybe he needed to move on.

Jumber it's not an excuse at all. It's providing a different way to look at it because some assume she didn't do anything tramatic to him.

Uh, sorry... after only A FEW MONTHS he forgets her name? After some big traumatic event? You don't really understand how memory works, do you? Yes, people can eventually forget names of someone who did them wrong, that really hurt them, but that takes YEARS, not a few months. That's not how the human brain works.

39- he was trying to prove a point to OP. I'm not saying it's a good thing.. He sounds like an asshole it I've ever seen one!!

154 Who said anything about a big traumatic event? Not all break-ups are bad ones. For all you know, he could've simple lost feeling for her and broke up with her. Why should he feel obligated to remember her name then?

drawmesunshine 17

183, You devote three years of your life to someone, and then try to forget their name in a few months. I spent all of elementary school with my best friend. It's been 9 years since I talked to her, but I still remember her name.

Alright 184, I see where you're coming from. I was just assuming like everybody else was, and giving possible scenarios where it could happen.

apkiys 0

He must have said something bad about you, and change the name to avoid that moment of awkwardness should the new girlfriend find out you're you!

Yeah, either that or maybe he's still pining away for the ex, and the new girlfriend is aware of his unresolved feelings. He was saving the old girlfriend from getting knocked out by his new gal. That was my take anyway. No way he forgot her name after three years. There has to be some logical explanation. Like you said, he simply didn't want her to know she was her...

kulliken 5

He did it on purpose, judging by your reaction he won.

cradle6 13

Exactly. It was an attack on your self esteem disguised as indifference. He ha it all planned out.

Which is really a pointlessly mean thing to do. But I guess we'll never know the whole situation...

It could just be me, but I'm think 85 was being sarcastic. ;)

Ouch! You either didn't leave a big impression or he did it on purpose to hurt you.

beddington 7

Maybe you were just that forgettable. Better luck next time.

desireev 17

Ya shoulda said, "no,no.. That's the girl you cheated on her with..." then pointed at his new girlfriend.

supnowww 0

OP MEANS ORIGINAL POSTER . HOPE THAT HELPS U .

whisperingeye13 0
desireev 17

Thank you 47. I've heard a wide variety of different meanings for it. This one makes the most sense. Lol

desireev 17

And 52- I'm not a grammar Nazi or whatever ya wanna call it. But the actual spelling is "helpful". Just thought I'd let ya know.

linkinpark98 23

Lol. Well, be glad you dumped his ass. :)

WhatTheFrenchFry 4

Maybe he did it on purpose just to piss you off?

RockstarRN 10

He probably did it on purpose and you fell for it...