By Pudgymom - 21/10/2016 02:08

Today, I ran into an old friend at the store with my infant daughter. As we caught up, she assured me that I could get rid of all my baby weight from the pregnancy. If only I had actually been pregnant. My wife carried her and looks fantastic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 420
You deserved it 1 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, you have a hot wife, a beautiful daughter, and a great life. It's not all bad. And I'm sure you're lovely too!

OP is clearly a woman. Her friend made an honest mistake, because I think most of us are still so used to heterosexual relationships, especially when we think of babies. It does suck that she brought up the baby weight under that assumption, because I'm sure it was awkward if OP actually corrected the friend...

Comments

Well that's pretty inconsiderate to say. Even though you weren't the one to carry the baby, this person basically looked at your body and assumed you didn't like yourself enough to be in the process of changing it. Kinda judgemental to me. Maybe I'm just over thinking but that's how I see it.

harleyivy 7

Even if you were the one to carry her, who tells someone that they can still lose the baby weight? She needs to focus on herself.

oi everyone op is a woman see the icon next to her "name"? that is the gender.

It's pretty common sense based on the FML. I don't think many guys get pregnancy weight.

Well there is such a thing as sympathy weight gain, so if OP had been a man, it wouldn't be entirely outside the realm of possibility. It seems like a bit of a stretch though.

can someone explain I haven't had sleep lately so I don't understand

OP was out with her daughter. Ran in to old friend. Friend tells OP she can lose the baby weight. OP's wife was the one that carried the baby.

oh it a gay couple that had the baby right

HanBanana15 9

The partner gaining weight during a woman's pregnancy is actually quite common. It's sort of a sympathetic reaction, and it even happens to men too. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure you look just as beautiful as your wife and baby.

Yes, OP is a lesbian. Why does that shock you? Slightly off topic, but I wish that everyone would just get over the so-called "issue" of same-sex marriage and relationships, and transfer that energy into something that actually matters! For example, ending poverty, or helping the environment, or ending war, or improving education.

sailorarctic 22

actually, partners often gain weight right along with their spouse's during pregnancy so technically thy can have baby weight too OP. my husband and I both gained 30lbs during my pregnancy and I still haven't been able to lose it.

That's exactly right. Do ya'll remember that episode of House where the guy was experiencing pregnancy symptoms because of his pregnant wife? Right up to the contractions and labour pains. That was a great episode.

Awkward situation, but congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Congrats on your new baby! To you and your wife. I had my son 9 months ago and I get comments constantly about losing the baby weight. I exclusively breastfeed my son and donate my milk. My body has one purpose for this time of his life, and it is to nourish him! I will never understand why people think it's okay to comment on your body, at any time, literally ever. My shitty aunt told me I should stop breastfeeding and switch to formula when I explained that I haven't tried to lose weight to maintain my supply. I smiled politely at her and walked away. Unlike some people, I have no desire to look like I never had a baby. My body is amazing. It grew my beautiful boy from nothing, and now it feeds him. It has also fed 13 other babies during the course of our donation journey. My body does not exist for other people. I will lose weight if and when I choose to do so. Rock on mama, love up on that fresh little babe!

70: You seem to be confused about the definitions of 'normalcy' versus 'majority.' By your logic, all people with blue eyes are abnormal, as are people superior in mathematics, those who choose medicine as a profession, and Buddhists. I believe what you are trying to say is that people assume majority most often unless told otherwise, which is often true, unfortunately; however, what you must understand is the distinction. But you know what they say about assuming, anyway.