By PollingLow - 10/05/2012 15:45 - United States - Decatur

Today, I ran for editor-in-chief of a magazine. I spent hours working on my speech, and offered a bunch of new ideas to increase readership. My opponent just said that she, "loved the organization". I lost by a 4-1 margin. My opponent later announced her plans for next year. They were all of my ideas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 724
You deserved it 2 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tehaustiebear 34

Sounds just like every presidential canidacy.

Comments

The classic bitch. I hope karma gets her for stealing your ideas. Keep working hard OP, you will get rewarded soon enough.

Atleast what you wanted to do being done

Even if she presented OP's ideas, she is still taking credit which makes her a bitch.

Hmm, yes. She is probably a gardening tool.

There needs to be a sarcastic font or something. People just don't know when to detect it.

I feel sorry for you, and for whoever voted for her.

The only idea you need to increase readership is to offer more A) boobs and B) bacon.

You forgot ice cream, and even more Bacon.

AAAHHHHH Boobs and Bacon, two great tastes that taste great together! You're a genius Doc.

Baustigt, Einstein never could accept quantum mechanics saying it was an incomplete theory because he didn't believe that it was all based on probability.

Mmmmmmmmm boobs and BACON. My two favorite things!

Just wait until she runs out of ideas, I'm sure you'll get your chance again just stay positive :)

Welcome to the real world. People probably just like her better. Maybe she is hot or has a large rack. Maybe she is just friendlier or flirts. Who knows. But that is the kind of stuff that wins popularity contests.

When she fails everyone will see their mistake and elect you next time.

That is wrong on so many levels. Crap like that makes me sick...it doesn't matter how qualified a person is anymore, it's all about who sleeps with who and who's friends with who. What's wrong with the world?

Social pressure to give someone a job just to even out the playing field, I.e favoritism and discrimination.

itsame0987 18

You don't know that any of that is true in this case. We don't know who has been at the company longer, how other articles have done, or of she has previous editing experience. To just say she slept with someone is demeaning. Guess what douche many women can do jobs a lot better than men. Women are not just sex objects who cook and clean.

I didn't say that did I? Way to presume. I said sometimes because of social pressure someone will be given a job just to even out the playing field, race or sex. If the underrepresented is as equally qualified then that's fine, If not, like in op's case then that's sexism/racism but because it's against the majority no one cares.

Plus if I had the choice, I would, if I were a woman and had a found an agreeing partner/husband, love to stay at home clean cook and looks after the (most important role) kids. All my bills would be paid, no stress, able to get out of the house when the kids are at school. All my responsibilities would be is to look after the home kids and husband. What woman wouldnt want to be a housewife? Society has corrupted you to make you think you have to have a job and thus men adapted and so any woman's chances of being just a loving housewife and mother, one of the most important roles in life I think, are nearly gone. I mean even you think housewife automatically means bad. Instead of rejecting it, you should embrace your womanhood. ****

Watch out guys, we've got a feminist troll on our hands! Here are signs to look out for: -Extremely defensive nature, and rants against anyone who questions a woman's position in ANYTHING. -Insults like: chauvinist pig, inconsiderate bastard, sex-crazed animal, to name a few. -Utter silence when faced with a logical retort, or complete denial altogether. Be alert! There may be more like her.