By shake666 - 04/12/2015 17:50 - United States - Fremont

Today, I presented my assigned chapter for a book we're currently reading in my English class. I really like the book, so I've been reading ahead. When I summarized the chapter, I accidentally spoiled a major plot twist that was actually in the next chapter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 099
You deserved it 13 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did u not read your own paper before you presented

Comments

did you not revisit the chapter in order to refresh your mind to write your summary? or did you just think you'd wing it in class? I think this could have easily been prevented.

Railroader 16

Never had that problem, most of my friends hate to read. So they wouldn't care if I spoiled the book or not.

Anyone that would be pissed off at this has already read ahead too.

Did something similar during the novel unit in my general lit class this semester. We were discussing in small groups and I'm a nerd so I'd already finished the book. It accidentally slipped. **** them for not being interested enough to finish it, anyway.

OptimusSlime 23

Most people probably wouldn't have given a damn when they read it on their own, anyway. It sounds like you just made a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes- and as far as this one goes it's pretty harmless. As for spoiling things, I once corrected my entire English II class, teacher included, on the timeline of a story by noting a difference in hair color on a silent background character. By doing so I managed to accidentally ruin the mystery of the story, which was determine when a certain death happened. I kind of think it was worth it, though, if only to see the teacher flabbergasted at missing the detail despite using the story as part of his syllabus for 15 years. Back to my point, you didn't do it on purpose, and if anyone holds a grudge over that then they are blowing things out of proportion.