By Money-money-money - 14/12/2012 02:25 - France

Today, I played a game of Monopoly with my friends. Since I'm of Greek origin, they thought it would be funny to make me start with a €100,000 debt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 522
You deserved it 5 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Are they American? If so, start them off with a 16 trillion dollar debt.

No. The European union isn't actually real, it is simply a coverup of Russia's world domination plan. Russia secretly owns all of those countries and forced them together to make an economic powerhouse, which will then form with Russia, which has been under the radar. Once Russia is the biggest, most powerful country, they will contact the aliens that built the Egyptian pyramids and ask them for their advanced technology. To resist, the North and South American countries, with USA as their leader, will form the American Union. Then there will be a nuclear war between all of the continents, resulting in the melting of Antarctica. Australians, however, converted the whole continent if Australia into a space ship and they leave to mars. Most of the world will be flooded, except for the highest mountains, the Himalayas. The only survivors will be the Sherpas. Then, from the Bermuda Triangle, there will be a special nuclear toxin causing the bodies in the water to become swimming zombies. The Sherpas will be safe from these zombies because of their cold environment. After the zombies die off, the Sherpas will evolve to become fish-humans. They will build an underwater Atlantis, and in there they will survive the worlds next ice age. Today's society will be forgotten by then. Then the world returns to the way it was, and Panem is born. Thus, the Hunger Games. So who cares about money?

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

That's quite clever, actually. Definitely sucks to start so far behind, but at least your friends seem to be intelligent.

sarahlove281 4

Seem intelligent? The debt of the euro is a shared debt since the EU is an economic/political union. That makes all member countries share the debt, not just Greece If they're so keen to show off their political prowess, I'd think they could at least come up with something a bit more clever.

Why is Greece getting bombarded by the media so much. There are plenty of other countries that have debts such as Portugal, Ireland, Italy, and Spain.

Because Greece was the first to need a bailout and the one that came the closest to going under

The EU is a trade union and as such does not share debt. The EMU does to a certain extent cover countries' debts, but it's not like they share a checking account.

#80 - because they lied about their economic situation in order to gain entry into the Euro, which gave them much lower borrowing costs. Instead of using that windfall to improve the country's economic situation they let things get even worse. Also Greece is broken on a level which even Italy can't match, with people simply not paying taxes if they don't feel like it. The Greek people - instead of electing politicians to fix this mess - were content to vote for one of the parties which gave them more unfinanced handouts. Now that they are in deep shit they burn stuff, riot and blame the countries who are helping them - which is a great way to ruin their tourism industry on top of it all.

If you won, you'd be the one laughing, it's possible. I'd be really shocked if you pulled that off!

I would take that bet and then play n beat them all and stick it right back up their assess!!! Give me a snake eyes!!!

It's not very easy to win Monopoly if you can't buy anything.

Well the way I play, we have jackpots on free parking and snake eyes can do a lot for you as well haha, hence my snake eyes comment. But apparently nobody here plays the way I do. And all you party poopers thumbing me down, screw you right back!! Hahaha

Too funny. We all have to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

ideasrule 13

If you've been personally affected by the Greek debt crisis, I feel for you. But if not, come on, you've got to admit it was a nice joke. I literally laughed out loud at it.

Geometric 18

Your friends are great, it's good to laugh at things like this from time to time. Remember it always could be worse, if you were of Zimbabwean descent

Teach them a lesson. Then they'll be indebted to you.

I'm sorry, OP, but that IS ******* hilarious. Glad I'M not Greek! HA HA HA! Oh wait... I'm American... SHIT!

I'm Greek, and found it hilarious, too ;D

echosaints 5

Are trying to insinuate something here? >.>

Ya #55 something about eating dog pieces....