By Anonymous - 03/11/2013 21:32 - Cyprus - Nicosia

Today, I played a friendly prank on my dad, loosening the legs of his chair so it would fall apart when he sat on it. He responded by making me stand outside and watch as he keyed both sides of my car, front to back, as punishment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 933
You deserved it 44 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

abbttmc 12

CAR-ma, the greatest of all universal forces....

Comments

That is the proper way to parent your children. Now go file a police report and take him to small claims if he won't pay to have it fixed.

The dad probably bought the car the first place...

If its his dads car you can not force him to fix his own car.

Your dad can't take an joke & is an ass for keying your car. He should've just prank you back like scare you or something. Now you have to pay to get your car painted. I do wonder if he just made random marks or keyed actual words.

51 someone crapped in his corn flakes? Perhaps he should key their car.

46, it's a very common thing to say in Ireland.

cryssycakesx3 22

I concur with the "much" business. instead of saying something once in a while people have to repeat it over and over. ("tell me again how...." "you mad bro?" "WTEQ" stupid ******* memes) and it's even worse on a thing like this when dozens of people have to repeat it. damn parrots. :)

pwnman 33

OP, I don't get what you gain from committing these "pranks". YDI.

You obviously don't realize how much it costs to repaint a car(without depreciating the value)

OP only did one of them... The dad did the keying.

The_Big_Boss 20

I'd have keyed his face once he went to sleep

cryssycakesx3 22
Pstraka6 20

Wow...someone has a short fuse. Before he goes to work let the air out of his tires. Things like that are harmless, yet your father had to go the extra mile to be a dick, and for what? So you pay for a new painting on your car?

Causing a chair to break as a person sits down is not remotely harmless, because falling to the ground without any way of breaking your fall or any control over where you're landing isn't remotely harmless.

Pstraka6 20

I was referring to letting air out from his tires

cryssycakesx3 22

yes letting the air out is harmless but you followed it up with "yet your father had to be a dick..." implying to the reader that what he did was harmful.

Mr_Mole 24

Keying a car is just as harmless as letting his tyres down. No one got hurt by it. Both are idiotic pranks played by morons. Letting a tyre down can break the side wall and make the tyre unsafe too.

Letting down the tires isn't necessarily harmless. As mentioned the sidewall can be damaged as can the rim. As well as being late to work can have negative consequences too. His father could end up being docked pay, withheld promotion or even fired.

I hope you're not planing to prank your dad on April fools. That might result in your dad slashing your tires & busting your windows.

My thought is that if your dad is crazy enough to key your car then he really doesn't seem like the kind of guy that you would even consider joking around with. So I would have to say YDI. Otherwise, if you had no idea that he would react like this, then FYL.