By Anonymous - 21/09/2009 17:16 - United States

Today, I parked my truck next to a rather large SUV at school, went to class for 8 hours straight, came back and found my passenger side door crumpled from where they had backed out and hit it. They left a note on my window that said, "Sorry about your truck, but I don't have insurance." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 769
You deserved it 2 719

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, who hit you is a totally dick. Sorry about your car.

how the hell does he deserve it, SUVs are everywhere dumbass as long as he wasn't blocking him it isn't his fault. FYL.

Comments

OHIOxRAIN 0

"YDI for parking your car in a designated parking area"

Strike1 0

Or the police could just fingerpring the note

Go back next week and see if the SUV is there, if it is, you've got choices: If you see the person, tell them that giving cash for your damage is going to be a lot cheaper than paying for the hit-and-run, driving without insurance AND your damage. If you don't, leave a note. "You don't have insurance? Well, you do have kneecaps and I do have a tire iron." "Sucks to not have insurance. Paying full-price to a dentist for a new set of teeth can be expensive."

Have you told the police? They can analyze the note for fingerprints (when you get your license you are required to give your prints) so they can probably find out who did it. Good luck.

Maybe in your area you have to give fingerprints, but not in every state. Tennessee doesn't require fingerprinting, so it doesn't help the OP in this case. As for the OP, contact the school and the police. I'm sure there is damage to the other person's vehicle and if they are a student at the school, there will be records from their permit as well as they will be attending the school, so you can catch them.

ouch that is bad for you, but they should learn to drive the size of their SUV safely before getting it

Find out about cameras in the parking lot and report it to the police. You don't know that the SUV did it, but if there are cameras you should be able to tell. Also, give the note to the police, they might be able to get some fingerprints.

As least they had the decency to apologize, I feel that's better than a douchebag hitting you and running off.

flyboy57 0

that's hit and run. go after their criminal asses!!

See, there you go. Already improving your spelling :)

it's hit and run AND it's legally required to have insurance with a drivers license, so that's at least two crimes. FYL, but he's gonna get so busted