By FitnessFirst - 25/11/2015 00:38 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I painfully watched my doctor burn a hole in my nail to drain the blood underneath. This is the prescribed treatment for the injury of hammering your thumb. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 175
You deserved it 3 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The pain sucks at first, but it'll be much better than the pain the swelling would have caused.

Comments

91hayek 31

Sounds positively medieval. Still, that's a badass story for Christmas when everyone gets together and asks what happened to your thumb.

The blood being sucked fron your nail makes me imagine like your nail is being sucked dry, much like those unblown balloons in cartoons.

Red_Curls1995 28

It may suck but I've been told bad shit can happen if the blood gathers under your nail and swells. But still that really sucks.

Polar577 7

I had the same thing happen to my pinkie after I slammed it in a car door. just be glad your father didn't want to do it himself at home with a nail and hammer.

Mysterious_one 26

Lucky u didn't lose your finger

I smashed my thumb open with a hammer once, you'll survive it don't worry!

Happened to me once. Went to the doctor and imagined the worst, just for her to pull out a paper clip and a lighter. I just thought "What? Is she serious?". It was over before I knew it :)

Ouch! I hope your nail feels better soon OP

petert71 10

last time this happened to me l just drilled a hole in the nail (don't use a drill just the bit). No doctor required.