By familypet - 09/01/2016 03:09 - United States - Vista

Today, I overheard my parents talking about our family pet. Or at least I thought they were, until my mother exclaimed, "Honestly, I don't know why we keep her." Our dog is male. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 591
You deserved it 1 791

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't sweat it OP, they probably weren't being serious. Parents always say things like that when they're ticked off.

drayloon 50

Maybe your parents didn't like the dog because they thought she was a bitch?

Comments

I wonder if Harry Potter ever overheard any similar conversions. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're probably an adopted wizard whose admission letter to Hogwarts will show up any day now.

That is the most inspirational thing I've heard all year.

Getting pretty tired of your comments 16.

Those are fighting words, partner. I challenge you to a duel in the moderation section! I'll see you behind the submission with the worst grammar at high noon, east coast time!

Don't worry, a lot of times humans will refer to there pets as females

mds9986 24

I accidentally call my dog a she all the time by accident. I highly doubt this was about you...

boredgirl_02 14

Am I the only one who thinks the mom is referring to a female 'pet' and not the daughter? It sounds to me mom and dad have someone else in the bedroom.

You could always confront her about it. She could be talking about anything.

If you're 18 or older maybe it's time to try looking for your own place OP. If you can financially afford it that is.

Pretty sure you have the wrong species.

People identify genders of animals to themselves, even if they know otherwise. My mom calls our dog a her and we've had HIM for 13 years. Simple slip of the tongue, OP!

Maybe they'll donate you to a nice family. Don't worry too much.

Seriously bitch, who says that? Youre a girl too right, trust me i doubt it

#32 Sorry if it was offensive but I was joking.

leogachi 15

@35 It wasn't offensive, #32 was being overly sensitive and reacted inappropriately.

. . . but what if it's the "farm" upstate?

I hate the fact that some parents really say that, sad stories make me cry, but trust me, if they are are your biological parents, i bet they were kidding or they were just not talking about you, maybe they have other issues we kids never know about..

And if they are her adoptive parents, they're allowed to say that? -_-