By nokitchenforme - 03/12/2010 05:18 - Canada

Today, I overheard my mother telling a friend she got me oven mitts for Christmas. I got her two cruise tickets. I hate to cook. Which she knows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 429
You deserved it 3 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get her a cheap gift, and go on the cruise yourself. But first be sure to return the oven mitts she gives you for some tip money on the cruise. Then send her photos of your nice, relaxing vacation.

Wow. Return the tickets and get her a shitty gift too!

Comments

MuchDance90s 0

you're. so. f.u.n..n...y ....l..........o....................................... (wait for it) ................................................................. ........................ l.

so keep the tickets for yourself .. still get her something nice .. be the bigger person.. :) and enjoy the cruise

have you considered she said that on purpose? like she wanted you to hear it, to throw you off your real gift? also the other comments are right..... why is your expense what concerns you? your family is giving you something and you are already sticking your nose up at the thought. i grew up with nothing a simple candy treat would be enough to say "hey, i care." and then there are people like you who expect a new lamberghini in trade for your gifts.... really?

I don't totally think it's the expense she's complaining about. Yes, OP mentioned that the tickets where expensive, but also puts in that she hates cooking. It isn't even the thought that can count here as the OP's mom clearly did care or didn't think. I would be upset too if my mother put no effort into considering a gift for me.

No, the OP didn't mention in the FML that the tickets were expensive, but we also don't know why the OP's mom decided to give them oven mitts in the first place. For all we know, she could have had both a practical and thoughtful reason for it. For example, the OP could eat out way too much and, if under the circumstances where they had to cook, they wouldn't have some of the most basic equipment to do so.

I'm surprised it took 23 comments for someone to mention the ruse possibility. It's also quite possible that this is one gift of many, and possibly a joke at that.

sounds like someone's trying to buy some love. oops didn't work I guess.

I don't understand why it matters what you got her... Christmas is about making people happy you shouldn't buy gifts expecting to get equal gifts back..

It's not totally out of line to also expect one's own mother to want to make her happy.

just because you don't like something doesn't mean you never do it. I hate masturbation, but I still do it....every single day

correction you got yourself cruise tickets

keep the cruise tickets for your self and get somthing new for ur mother

Christmas may be about giving, but knowing you are getting something that the giver KNOWS you hate us blatantly uncaring. Why should she receive an amazing gift she loves while she knows you will loathe yours?

Why would you buy her Cruise tickets? Who the hell wants to see a Tom Cruise movie these days? What was the last good movie he made anyway? I think oven mitts are a much better gift.

RonnieBurgundy 0

I remember when I had my first beer.