By jedd90 - 08/07/2009 14:37 - United States

Today, I overdrew my account and ended up paying an extra 35 bucks for a 1.99 item. It was an application on the iPhone that is supposed to help me keep track of my money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 692
You deserved it 52 776

Same thing different taste

Top comments

skullbuster 0

Well, if you didn't have $1.99 in your account - you should probably skip buying apps on the iPhone and do things the old fashioned way. I mean, honestly, it doesn't sound like you have much money to keep track of anyway so I think a notebook and a pen would probably do the trick (or use that Notes app and the calculator on the phone)!

Comments

How hard is it to log into online banking once in a while to check your balance? They even have overdraft protection if you have a savings account! You can even check it form your iPhone! I mean, could they make it any easier? YDI.

philosopher 0

You'd be surprised how hard it is for some people. Some people can't even turn on a computer without breaking it a few minutes later.

aaaaa12345_fml 0

maybe if they have some sort of mental illness/retardation

you don't need an application for your phone, you need a transaction register and a pen...

ithedarkknight 0

lmao those itouch and iphone apps are addicting but i just use the free ones...

mouseintern 0

With online banking, how hard is it to keep track of your money? You log on and bam! there is your balance. Keep $100 or so in there as a buffer and you're good to go. I have zero sympathy for any FML that includes the words "overdraft" or "overdrew my account".

Actually, there are times when shit just happens and you get overdrafted. I went $300 in red once, even though I KNEW I had $200 in the bank, but there was a bank error so I had to pay a bazillion overdraft fees. I had my buffer. I knew how much money I had. And yet the bank screwed me over. So I can't say I have zero sympathy. BUT..chances are with something like this that it was pure stupidity and laziness. I also have a hard time sympathizing for anyone who overdrafts for a Starbucks latte or something.

mouseintern 0

True, bank errors resulting in overdrafts don't apply to my having no sympathy for real overdrafts. They're really overdrafts in technical name only. I really only mean overdrafts that are the result of people legitimately charging more to their account than their balance.

I'm reading this from the fml app on moms iPhone. my mom doesn't even buy apps. same thing happened to me buying green day know your enemy I had to pay 25.00 waaaaaa

There's better ways to keep track of your money and it's usually free.

Should've downloaded Mint. It's free and probably better than the one you bought anyway.

L0veh8te 0

Call you bank they will refund your over draft fee. If its your first time. Banks will usually refund up to 2 some times 3 overdrafting fees. Just be nice when you call and if they first persone doesnt credit you ask to speak with a supervisor and so on.