By NickDrakeFan - 29/10/2013 01:57 - United States

Today, I overcame my stage fright and got up in front of a café audience with my acoustic guitar to sing a few of my songs. Some asshat kept yelling stuff like "NEEDS MORE COWBELL!" and "FREEBIRD!", which made me lose my nerve and flee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 677
You deserved it 4 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww man :( keep it up bro you'll get there in the end! Just concentrate on you not anyone else

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Get back on the horse, it gets easier with time.

Comments

you should be proud you got over your stage fright. it's unfortunate though that some people are jerks. I'm a musician myself, but I won't even play in front of my family. feel proud that you got over your fear :)

Who cares what a stranger thinks? Keep it up, getting on stage and trying was a good step forward. You should be proud that you had the courage. Just think right then in the world when you were on stage.how many people were at home saying “tomorrow"?

graceinsheepwear 33

There is only one prescription for that stage fright fever.

graceinsheepwear 33

Kudos for getting up in the 1st place. And bad luck getting an asshat heckler. Try going to see some standup comedians for tips on how to respond next time :). Please don't let this bad experience deter you from playing.

threer 30

Wait, so FMLers don't count as comedians? Damn.

BadddWolf 10

**** that guy OP. Get back out there and better luck next time.

Next time there's an asshat like that hand him your guitar and loudly inform everyone that apparently someone knows better / wants to take over the show.

fluffywaspluka 7

#18 Then you run the risk of that guy being Jimi hendrix. What then? Walk of shame.

Grab an extra guitar and jam away :) ? ( but I agree there is a chance the asshat might be good or even better - still worth that chance I think).

Now you know you have the guts to do it again. I mean what are the chances of it going that badly twice?

I apploud to you for bravery. But when people do that. Stop and just stare him down, and say "really? Okay, why dont you come up with somerhing right now. Lets hear you!?" See how they like it.

Props for overcoming your fear...don't let it get to you...you'll have you chance and I know afterword you will feel great knowing that you can do it...