By thatisfuckedup - 13/06/2013 22:12 - United Kingdom

Today, I ordered some burgers at a fast food joint. When I said, "No lettuce," the cashier looked dumbfounded and asked, "What's that?" I literally had to say, "The green stuff" before she got it. I'm losing hope. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 443
You deserved it 3 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did she give you a burger without pickles?

MissWhitneyB 17

*facepalm* They hire anyone these days

Comments

MissWhitneyB 17

*facepalm* They hire anyone these days

MissWhitneyB 17

Thats not an excuse for not knowing what lettuce is. At least know the damn basics

#17 My family has a little rhyme about fast food places, "You don't need a PhD to work at burger king."

50 - I don't see the rhyme in your "rhyme"...

MissWhitneyB 17

Not about having a degree is what youre not getting. All I'm saying is if you hire so,eone to work for you, they should at least know simple things about the job. You work there, know your stuff.

#55 well, My family gets the rhyme, but if you don't, that be fine with me, just don't go around insulting the fluff out of me.

But for something to be considered a rhyme it actually has to you know, rhyme. Ph.D and king aren't in any way phonetically similar, therefore, not a rhyme. A saying, yes, a rhyme, no.

Talk about stupid people lol. No one insulted you.

#72, Ok, I get it, I made a mistake, but people like #75 should just shut up already, there's no need for you to insult and/or critisize me of my little "rhyming" incident. I'm highly aware that I made a little mistake.

#79 you need to calm down, take time and think before writing comments. This will help you in the future.

jramirez16 9

#79 I know I'm getting down voted for this but I don't care. As long as you and your family understand each other and are happy with your "rhyme" "saying" or what have you, that's all that matters not anyone's opinion here!!!

kurk626 11

If you get mad that easily, i advise you not to delve further into the internet.

It's possible. I earned a law degree in English from distance learning in Asia, never lived a day of my life in the US. When I migrated here, although I spoke better English than most of Chinese immigrants, my lack of common knowledge surprised so many people when I took a job in an Asian restaurant. As Chinese, I didn't know what LowMain was, nor Pasta.

55- If you're gonna work at burger king, don't expect to be something. :3

hooligyn123 18

PhD talk aside, my three year old goddaughter knows what lettuce is...

146, Some people work at Burger King so they can earn money so they can go to college and become something.

ninjajoehenes48 8

Should have said "don't need a PhD to work at McD" it rhymes more than Burger King .

Anyone except those with college degrees.

did anyone happen to notice that rhyme that doesn't even rhyme!!! some people are so stupid.

Well it is a fast food place.....but still that's just sad.

Did she give you a burger without pickles?

If that's the way you eat your burgers, I am loosing hope for you OP.

She needs to come up with a method similar to spongebob's in order to craft a burger without forgetting the pickles.

expertsmilee 26

I can't put a patty on a bun with cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, ketchup, pickle and top bun together in that order!

ViviMage 38

You realize pickles are historically served with sandwiches to fight off scurvy from lack of fresh fruit and vitamin C? Once upon a time you only had local produce and winter was tough without fresh produce around!

deepunder 17

Hey #58. U got Pandora's box? I didn't think it existed. Having a burger without pickles isn't bad. It's a very good thing for some people

Greatest comment of the day. You made my night.

I think I would have walked out if I had to explain lettuce to a fast food worker.

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

@ #47 LOLMFAO! I can imagine in a sitcom the guy would've looked at his friend and slowly bit and chewed his sandwich with the laughing track raging in the background.

Can't tell if hysterical or pitiful. Most likely both.

OhDearBetrayal 25

Maybe this person was young and English wasn't their first language. It's not mine and let me tell you there are a lot of vegetables that I don't know the English name for because I'm used to calling them by my languages name for it. I didn't know that parsley was called parsley until I got into a cooking kick last year and I'm 18.

ginawater19 13

Or speak to a manager... Hopefully they know what it is

CommentModerated 17

What if she just didn't hear OP? My hearing is pretty awful and sometimes I say "what's that?" when I don't hear someone correctly

They can't find a good people to hire. smh

DeadxManxWalking 27

The "good people" are saving their own lives by not applying for fast food jobs.

Well, it's pretty damn difficult to find one people anywhere, regardless of capability...

tjshatescra 8

You should at least need a high school degree to work somewhere...unless they are in school. But you get my point.

You sure about that? This makes me wonder.

Truthfully, a high school diploma doesn't show a whole lot these days. I graduated with a handful of...rocks.

One would hopefully know what lettuce is without a high school diploma...

Watching few episodes of Spongebob would teach anybody the names of what goes in a burger. You don't know a damn high school diploma.

#6 high schools don't give out degrees.... just saying

hooligyn123 18

I don't know a single 5 year old that doesn't know what lettuce is, so what the hell does a highschool DIPLOMA have to do with fast food? They don't teach you what lettuce is in highschool... that's Elementary my dear Watson.

Mads_1234 28

#14, thank you for your comment, but there's a button for that.

hooligyn123 18

#160 isn't that same button technically to express your comment as well?

deepunder 17

What's the point? Get past middle school to learn what lettuce is? School won't give u all the answers if u don't ask. One time in science there was a video where at the end it says "u have been taught everything, get thinking". Immediately I said "what color is the sky?" The video couldn't answer a simple question.

And the next generation will be even more stupid...

life_sucks225 13

"The next generation" are the children of our children (people that are in their teens and above) the CURRENT* generation has stupid scattered all over and the next generation will hopefully be more intelligent

Well the superlative of "Stupid" is "stupider", not "more stupid", which makes it pretty ironic that you're insulting the intelligence of others. (who, I might add, have yet to be born)

These comments have to be the dumbest comments I've ever read.

I literally clenched my heart after reading hashshim's comment. It was THAT painful.

Wow. I read the whole thing backwards. I deserved every down vote.

stupider is a word though. both are correct according to a quick Google search.

CharresBarkrey 15

Because Google has the last say on all things grammar. Pfft.

obviously everything you read on the internet is correct. hey, did you know that Abraham Lincoln celebrates his birthday on the fourth of July?

XxXCrissyXxX 12

148: Of course it's too much trouble to just do a google search and clarify right? Both are correct superlative forms while more stupid is generally preferred.

ViviMage 38

#147. Abe Lincoln was also a vampire hunter. And fought a war with zombies. There are true movies about it.

171- "More stupid" is a comparative. "Most stupid" is a superlative. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi, get it right.

He's correct that "stupider" is a word. However, more intelligent people use "more stupid", because using the word "stupider" makes you sound like a 5 year old.

hanacurse 11

Am I the only one that is genuinely confused on who doesn't who what lettuce is?!

One does not simply explain what lettuce is to another. I'm beginning to lose hope too.

SirTalkaton 22

Welcome to the Good Burger, home of the good burger. Can I take your order. Lol