By hatemebeforetheyevenhatch - 24/02/2015 00:08 - United Kingdom - Clydebank

Today, I ordered Chinese and told them I was allergic to eggs. I took a bite and I found some egg, quickly spat it out and took my antihistamines. When I returned with it and complained about my potential demise, they gave me a free orange to apologise. I'm allergic to oranges. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 750
You deserved it 5 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

drayloon 50

They only gave you a free orange for almost killing you? They may as well have given you an extra fortune cookie

Comments

Stinks that they almost caused you to die. However it's not like they could have know about the Orange unless you told them beforehand

I'm sorry you had a reaction, but speaking from experience it might be wise to avoid eating certain restaunts you know are likely to have contaminates. I have shellfish allergies (anaphylactic shock reaction) and have learned its easier to avoid chinese restaunts all together, than to try to risk it, never fails something has been cross contaminated, especially. in small family run businesses.

Chinese places really are the worst if you have allergies, they tend to cook alot of the same things in the same pan or oil and they dont take substitutions well.

Sure, 40, if you go to crappy Chinese buffet restaurants all the time.

bsums203 13

I believe this fml is made up. I heard this story before on ifunny.

I feel sorry for you.... eggs are delicious...

mrjack41 10

Sound like you're alergic to a lot of stuff.

Yes, you're correct. OP stated two things she's allergic to, that really is a lot.

oh sorry we almost killed you take and orange and potentially die again

I read this and all I could think is who gives someone an orange in that situation?!

I get you, OP. I'm allergic to gluten, and find it very difficult to eat at regular restaurants. As many people suggested, I often make my own food at home. Problem is, when I'm going out with friends, I don't have many options and cannot make sure the restaurant will respect my limitations. I'm glad you had your medication in hands.

GamerPerson 19

Ok, here's the thing: Most Asian restaurants I've attended use eggs and different citrus fruits, why don't you make your own with less of the risk? You know what YOU'RE putting in you food, after all.

A similar thing has happened to my mum. Fyl Op. I wonder how it would have went down if you didn't have your meds?