By Anonymous - 22/10/2013 04:44 - Chile - Santiago

Today, I opened up to my parents about my depression. Their response was to have a very heated discussion about whose fault it was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 989
You deserved it 3 527

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This website was made entirely to laugh at other people's misfortune.

Comments

If you're a student, talk to your guidance counselor

I don't know about other schools, but my guidance counselors are useless. There is probably a school psychiatrist or something.

Alot of people, parents especially, I just don't think they know how to handle someone they love telling them they have depression. I am sorry OP :( I hope you can get the love and support you need.

Go seek medical help from a professional yourself! If they don't understand that them fighting over it is bad! Then you can do it on your own! Good luck!

You are lucky your parents actually care. When I told my parents they started laughing and told me I was full of shit.

RedPillSucks 31

I hope you got help from elsewhere...

cheshirecat13242 32

Wow, that arguing is totally curing my depression--thanks, mom & dad!

meganmagee 11

parenting: they're BOTH doing it wrong.

Wow, way to make it all about themselves, stay strong OP

I'm sorry to hear that OP. When I get depressed I usually call a friend. My best friend doubles as my therapist. Friends are easier to talk to. They listen. Parents are usually too depressed themselves to listen to other peoples' depression. Mid-life crisis.

I'm not sure 'getting depressed' equals suffering from actual depression so for OP it might be better to talk to a professional. Talking to friends may help but some things can't be fixed by just that..

Best of luck OP. Admitting that you need help can be the hardest part - it was for me.

Try coming out if the closet next... That should be fun. ;)