By Jen - 11/02/2011 09:02

Today, I opened my car door on reaching destination and my dog escaped. I never found him. My destination was the vet's office to get him micro-chipped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 895
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you opened the car door without either having a leash on the dog or ready in case your dog tried to bolt? Sorry to say but YDI.

That sucks op. My dogs always try to escape when I take them to the vet, but luckily I have a leash on them.

Comments

that sucks I know how you feel my pit ran away once but then came back

sourgirl101 28

I've heard those microchips only work if someone finds/steals your dog and takes them to a place that scans them for the chip. It's not a Lo Jack system, unless it's improved? OP, I hope you had a collar on him with your information on it.

Nope, it's not a gps based tracking system. so even if OP's dog had ran off after the vet visit she still would be in the same situation, unless the dog happened to be found by someone who could use the microchip technology. All it does is give the owners contact info and the information could be outdated if the owners haven't bothered to update their contact info. while I understand why a GPS based tracking system isn't used, it really would be a valuable service to any responsible, loving pet owner.

You report your dog missing it vets in the area and they will scan dogs that meet the description

i guess the dog REALLY didn't wanna get microchipped...

NurseNasty 12

Why wasn't his leash attached to his (tagged) collar? I'm sorry your dog ran away, but YDI.

RedPillSucks 31
BigBagel 0
crystalou_fml 3

OP never said the dog wasn't on a leash. unless she pulled the dog out through the driver side door, she still had to open the door to grab the leash, so the dog could have easily bolted before the OP could even grab the leash. In either case, sorry OP. That stinks.

natalie_ays 0

That's what I'm thinking... The dog bolts and you just stand there and watch or what? I gotta admit most dogs are pretty fast, but normally they'd get tired and come back to you eventually cause they think it's a game... unless you are a crappy owner and they wanted to get the hell away from you. F the dog's life, but YDI, OP.