By Anonymous - 31/07/2009 21:05 - United States

Today, I needed to buy Vagisil. I went to the grocery store so I could use the self check-out. My item rung up incorrectly, so a girl came to help. She was new and having trouble, so she called more people to help. I ended up having five people around me talking about my Vagisil purchase. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 269
You deserved it 4 568

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Krittick 0

Hank: "'Vagiclean', huh? What's the matter, honey? Little extra cheese on the taco?" Mrs. Bittman: "Excuse me?" Hank: "No, excuse me. There's no tag on this. Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough. [SNIFF] Put a rush on that."

Wow. Now THIS is a true FML. You being careful, and the universe just being against you.

Comments

JoshBarblahblah 0

It's okay. Cashiers are used to handling odd items. I once had a woman buy both Adult Depends and condoms.

midnighthammers 0

ydi for having a stinky ******.

Bloodrush 0
playr278 5

That's why you shouldn't be in this world

dogsbob 0

hahaha funny but that sucks :(

I almost never use self checkouts because those things are pieces of shit. If they don't take forever to correctly scan an item, they make some sort of error and automatically lock up and "require employee assistance" which basically means they override the system and scan the stuff for you, which wasn't the point of using the self line in the first place. Any of you guys have a BJs (go on, laugh) Wholesale in the area? Their self-checkouts were the most incompetent pieces of machinery I've ever had the displeasure of using. Every item I scanned would be followed by the barking of "PLACE THE ITEM ON THE BELT" and whenever I did, that somehow would make it decide it didn't go through and would remove the item from my subtotal, crediting it. So I'd have to scan the shit all over again, and inevitably it'd repeat the whole process at some point. Eventually it just decided to lock itself until someone came over and forced it to scan everything by typing in some codes.

Really? All the self-checkout machines I've used worked with barely any problems. Sometimes it wouldn't like it that I used my backpack instead of the plastic bags, but the person watching over the machines always set it straight.

Guess it depends on the store. There's one store with a good self aisle that works well, though I don't shop there much. I do shop at the wholesale place a lot, though, and their self-check is just crap.

At a Sainsbury's in the UK, after each item was scanned it would tell you to put it in the "bagging area". Unfortunately the scales were broken, so for every item a staff member had to force the machine to accept the truth that yes, we had put the stuff in the bagging area. They're just irritating, and this is coming from someone who normally relishes technology.

....why didnt you just let it go and go to a different grocery store?

waste all that time and gas for one item?

Don't worry, clerks at grocery stores have seen and heard it all. Chances are they forgot about you an hour later. Believe me, I work at Walmart, nothing surprises me anymore.

bexox 0

True that! Vagisil isn't exactly scandalous anyway. It would have been a completely different situation if the OP accompanied the Vagisil with lube, whipped cream, and hot dogs, for example.

@33, I know what you mean. Did you read the FML about the old woman who bought a a bunch of sex toys like vibrators and stuff then she told the cashier "I like toys"? Would that have surprised you? I can honestly say it would've made me shudder.

haha, no I've never read that one. And yeah, that probably would surprise me! haha

mb23509 0

thats very very funny. But it's horrible if that were me! Oh gosh i would be so embarressed.

youfailSOhard 0

YDI for having a yeast infection! jk lol