By Anonymous - 21/03/2012 09:54 - United States - Sunnyvale

Today, I needed to buy a new helmet. When I got to the sport shop, there was only one left in my size and preferred color. 30 minutes after buying it, my head starts itching. Turns out I paid $40 for lice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 955
You deserved it 2 481

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you got a little extra with your purchase, greedy bastard

That was a bad attempt at sarcasm. Personally I would call up and get them to compensate for your lice troubles... That's just me though.

Comments

kiraleann 16

Don't they ever sanitize their merchandise? They have to know that some gross people will try things on...

Torva_fml 16

How do you sanitize a helmet? It's filled with padding.

kiraleann 16

There's a spray they can use to kill lice and germs. I've seen them use it before at sports shops.

cajekraze 7

No, they don't. Every time you try something on, there's no telling who else has had it on their body and what you may get from it. That's why you shouldn't buy then wear without washing

It sounds like this was a used sorts store. A helmet for $40, most likely it was previously used. I could be wrong though. A general good thing to do is wash everything you can right away, or put something not washable in a dryer at high heat. Most things will die with that. There are also sprays like previously said.

kiraleann 16

Well let me add to it to make it more plausible. Of course we can't expect them to keep track of every person who tries a helmet on at their store and be constantly disinfecting them...but they should at the very least keep a disinfectant at the counter so that someone who wants to try on or buy a helmet has the option of disinfecting it to avoid these situations.

katcot99 11

At least you know your head is safe. At least from crashing on a bike or something. Would u rather have headlice or be dead.....

just putting this out there, but are u holding a vibrator in your picture..?

I'm pretty sure it's a phone or mp3 player with headphones. But your answer works too. ;)

florido_fml 10

That's why you ride without a helmet like a boss!

...and then you crash and crack your skull. Another idiot in the hospital.

2ndSucks 15

But then at least Doc will have somebody's stupidity to laugh at.

Strafeh 9

YEH!! Everyone here except A-Teen is a fuckface!

BunBunBabe 8

Wtf do they not use any kind of disinfectant spray on their worn products? Sick

Yep, they go through everything anyone has ever touched or tried on and disinfect it.... If you've ever worked in retail you'd understand how incredibly ludicrous this idea is.

BunBunBabe 8

I have and I know all hats and shoes that have ever been tried on and things like that SHOULD be sprayed down and it takes two seconds dumbass

$40 well spent, the more the merrier eh?

you poor thing. My sympathies with you. No ones going to hug you though to try make you feel better because of fear of getting lice.. That must be shit.. :(

If I were OP I would go back to the store and demand a refund. I also recommend finding a new helmet shop.

perdix 29

Did you buy a $40 helmet and get the lice for free, or did you get a free helmet with a purchase of $40 of lice? If it's the latter, you shouldn't have paid sales tax.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29