By Toodamnold - 13/02/2018 09:00 - United States - Fairbanks

Today, I was once again escorted out of a supermarket by a police officer. I must be the only 83-year-old who still has his marbles, but people always assume I am senile and wandering from a care center. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 562
You deserved it 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EarthsMightiestHeroes 20

My great uncle has the same problem. He's 96 and still drives himself around. His only problem is he's got hearing problems, and he's loud as a result. But people just assume he's a crazy old man and kick him out of places, and call his kids to come get him. It's humiliating for him.

Comments

In the supermarket's defense, the Mall Cops need to be occupied with something on a regular basis...otherwise they either fall asleep on the job or end up in a movie.

Brad Fischer 7

Stop walking around in slippers and a bath robe.

Yes 83 years old and posting a site like FML...seems legit. Also people don't get kicked out of grocery stores for just looking elderly. You would have to be looking dazed and confused, possibly under dressed like pushing an empty cart around or just wondering the store aimlessly.

I wander around grocery stores looking lost and aimless. Granted I'm 25 and look it, but that's still a flawed criteria.

Learn martial arts. That’ll teach him

That is a clear case of ageism. Sorry you have to deal with idiots. My Granddad was as sharp as a nail before he passed and he was 81.

peithecelt 28

I hope when I'm 83 that I'm not scared of tech and that I'm bitching about getting old in whatever the 2061 equivalent of FML is, the way you are.