By GoAggies - 21/06/2016 17:11 - United States - Herriman

Today, I moved three hours away from my boyfriend for college. Even though he got accepted to the same school and had a job lined up in town, he decided not to come with me because the Internet at our apartment wasn't going to be fast enough for his gaming. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 006
You deserved it 2 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In case anybody else was confused, I put an IP trace on #2's comment, and it's from an alternate universe in which the OP talked about being weird and taking away her boyfriend's games. She hid them like Easter eggs.

Comments

I really enjoy video games but I would never choose them over a job/education/girlfriend. He sounds pretty unmotivated to better himself. It's probably for the best, OP. If he moved in you may end up supporting him a few years down the road.

mds9986 24

Maybe he lied to you about getting the job and getting accepted and used that as an excuse.

What an idiot. Getting laid an education partying ... And a life ... But first call of duty .. lol.

I don't know him of course. But he doesn't seem worth it. You deserve better.

stevenbro 6

He's going to go far in life. Not. You sure you want to tie yourself to someone like that?

Honestly op you should just dump him. I get that gaming can be important to some people, but when they choose gaming over real life, then that's a problem that won't get better.

Look at the bright side. Now you're not tied to the same guy when it's time to party!

Mathalamus 24

Many online games don't really need a blazing internet speed. It's not a valid excuse.

Depends on the game. If the boyfriend is into FPS games then response time (ie Internet speed) is everything.

If he wanted an apartment with better Internet connection, he should have spoken up before everything was decided and arranged. Having something to de-stress with isn't even the problem here. Yeah, we all like our hobbies, and want to keep them, but when you put something like that above your education, your job, your girlfriend, or really anything in your life that's really important, there's a problem. There are plenty of games that don't require Internet at all. Why can't he play any of those? I love gaming too, and it's a big de-stresser for me. But I managed without any Internet at all for two years because I couldn't afford it when I moved out on my own. Priorities.