By Nickie809 - 17/09/2012 14:59 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, I moved into my new apartment. I was feeling really excited until my new neighbor knocked on my door and left me what looks like rabbit ears on my welcome mat. He just stared at me expectantly as though I should be thankful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 161
You deserved it 1 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CyNommy 4

Rabbit ears like what used to be on top of tv's or the animal rabbit ears?

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

Tomorrow he'll throw eggs at you to complete the welcome experience

You're going to have the BEST time living near him! I predict more FML's in the future.

SApprentice 34

That's horrible. Please call the police- if you mean real rabbit ears, then he needs to be arrested. Don't open your door to him again, or he might try to go for your ears next. Seriously, that's insane behavior.

Yep. Because its a horrible, punishable offense to go rabbit hunting.

#32, Horrible? Yes. Punishable? Sadly not. And while I agree that involving the police is a little far, I do think that just leaving the ears is kind of worrying. Unless OP's new neighbour is a cat, I'd expect a whole rabbit and a stew recipe, or no rabbit at all. Maybe a foot, if the neighbour is superstitious. Rabbit hunting is kind of horrible, though, tbh.

18 - I deer hunt... So... Are you gonna call the cops on me?

64, Hunting for your meat is actually more humane than buying it from a grocery store, unless you can afford free range meat, because the animals you hunt live full and free lives until you shoot them, which usually kills them instantly with little to no pain. Slaughter animals are raised in tiny filthy spaces, often abused, and are killed inhumanely. Now if you're referring to killing a rabbit simply for its feet or ears, then yes, I'd have to agree that is indeed horribly, and giving your neighbor severed rabbit ears is indeed very strange and disturbing.

32 How do we know if this is a wild rabbit or a domesticated rabbit? It could be some little girl's pet or something. It is illegal to torture animals, so unless OP elaborates we can't tell if it is illegal or not. I'm not bashing hunters, they are the backbone of economic health, but people who intentionally abuse animals are scumbags that don't deserve the air they breathe.

SystemofaBlink41 27

65- no but let's just say that if deer one day decide to go human hunting you'll be on their list...

SApprentice 34

-65, 32 Wow, okay, I'm glad to know that all of you are amazingly good at taking things out of context. My family hunts, and I've helped to skin and butcher the meat. I have no problem with hunting. The OP never said anything that makes me think this was a 'hunting' incident. If the OP has close neighbors, more likely than not this is from a city, and you can't hunt in a city. Even if this was a hunting situation, being a hunter is no excuse to be a sociopath. It's not excusable for any hunter to pop up at his new neighbors with body parts from an animal, in order to introduce himself. I never said a word against hunters. For me, this FML sounds like it was from a city, and I was thinking it was a PET rabbit, and yes, it is still against the law to slice the ears off a pet rabbit.

He's showing he's a man who can hunt and provide for you. Be thankful!

So I suppose I'm the only one who saw "rabbit ears" and thought of a TV antenna? Yes kids, TVs used to have antennae.

RedPillSucks 31

Yep. It mean's OPs older than dirt. Or as old as DocBastard, anyway

I'm hoping people here are assuming actual, bloodied, hacked-off rabbit ears solely for the comedic effect. That and the fact I won't feel so old at 33. I aim high sometimes, I know.

SenselessPattern 12

What's this 'antenna' you're talking about? Is it a type of smart phone?

I first thought of actual ears, but the possibility of the TV antenna did come to mind. Maybe he's old-fashioned

nancyschmancy 9

First thing I thought, makes us really old, eh Doc?

kewpiesuicide 29

I once read that leaving rabbit parts on someones doorstep was a death threat from a witch 0.0

Don't be mean. Say thank you. Maybe he's got some sort of mental handicap.

I can't think of a single mental handicap that would justify leaving rabbit parts at somebody's door.