By single - 20/10/2013 23:21 - United States

Today, I met up on a blind date. He took a phone call one drink in and said he had to leave because he didn't know it was his buddy's birthday, and they were having a party without him. I offered to split the bill and put out a $20. He got up, unlocked the bicycle behind us and rode off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 057
You deserved it 3 694

Same thing different taste

Top comments

astralvagan 20

damn, Lance Armstrong must be broke as hell!

Wait? So if you ride a bike, you are poor? What if he lived nearby? Or his car was in the shop or didn't want to drive? Gold diggers are terrible people. Stop being one.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Manner*. Could have*. Seriously? For a second I almost reread the FML to find out what Manor they were in.

Nothing wrong with not bring into her, but sticking her with the bill was an ass move. Besides, is it wrong to be polite and stick it out through the meal since the plans were made? Maybe after some conversation, his opinion could have changed. Even if it didn't, a simple it was nice to meet you and paying his half would have been a nicer way to handle it. I'm so glad I am out of the dating pool with asses like this about.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Don't forget her right to capitalize random words, and her personal crusade against punctuation!

Who said there was a dinner involved? I've never made plans on a blind date for anything more than a coffee meet or drinks at a bar. But if we hit it off, then dinner was always an option.

Here's what a decent person might have said; "Im sorry, this just isn't right for me. Of course I'll pay the bill and thank you for your time" (:

you should post his picture in that neighborhood saying "beware women, beware".

incoherentrmblr 21

#17, and slander is also a good thing too, for men & women.

BadddWolf 10

Thank the gods it didn't take you longer to find out his true colors. Sorry OP.

How the hell Is this a **** my life? He wasn't interested. Done and done

XxxT3rr4xxX 25

He truly if an ass if he ditched you for his friend

Why? They were on a blind date. That happens all the time to both guys and girls. At least he told her.

JMichael 25

I've heard of some bad blind dates and this one is pretty high up on the wtf list.

He couldn't even foot his part of the bill? That guy is an asshole.