By Anonymous - 03/09/2012 08:47 - United States - Evansville

Today, I met my husband's family for the first time. My nightmare versions were better. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 797
You deserved it 2 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your husband has made your dreams come true... in a manner of speaking.

LiterOfCola 16

Comments

KingCeltic77 18

Keep positive. Maybe you'll grow to like each other.

PopNCountryMusic 5

I'm sorry, but if you got married without meeting them first, that's totally on you.

Wellwhateverthen 8

Sorry Op, I also have in-laws from the twilight zone, but if you don't like them, you don't have to associate with them. Talk to your husband, figure out how you want to approach this problem and what the two of want to do about it, and deal with it together. Good luck. :p

blahblah0392 7

I like how your posing in your default

you met them after you got married? um what

Well I'm guessing since you barely met them he doesn't have a close relationship with them? Hopefully you won't have to see them often. Kill them with kindness op.

Don't care about them, the main thing is thar your husband loves you!

What a smart hubby you got, he knew he has a family from hell so he marries you then introduced you to them so you couldn't change your mind. In my opinion ydi, you should have met them before the wedding, that's his family.

So your saying she's the idiot for not meeting them before getting married??. His family shouldn't determine if she married him or not. She got married to the guy not the family.

That's just ridiculous. My fiancé won't meet my family for a considerable amount of time. Well, he might meet my dad next year but by then we already will be married. My family lives in Germany, I live in the US. My dad is supposed to come visit next May, my mom has no plans of coming to visit. At all. She expects me to come visit, which I can't because I have a job to worry about, a fiancé in a Probation Detention Center, and no money yet. Also, he is marrying ME, not my family. Granted, it's a good thing to get along with your husband's/wife's family, but it's less important than getting along with your husband/wife.

You married the guy without meeting his parents?! Oh hunny...

afer85 4

It sucks, I have In-laws from hell too. Just wait until you have kids, It gets worse!! If you live far enough away, It's all good. The 8 hour trip to mine is my best friend.

I wish, mine lives ten minutes away. I am truly jealous, all I can wait for is putting my mother in law in a home.