By thenewone - 19/11/2009 20:09 - Brazil

Today, I met my boyfriend's parents. Later on, his mom pulls me aside and tells me to back off, saying he will never marry someone like me and he should be with a nice girl like his ex. They broke up after he found her in his bed with his roomate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 793
You deserved it 2 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow.. his mom sounds like a psycho retard

perdix 29

Dump your boyfriend then and there, and tell him the reason. Having a piece of shit mother-in-law will ruin your life, especially if you are marrying a mama's boy. If he has the cojones to cut the apron strings and win you back, you might have a chance.

Comments

"Oh, you mean the ex-girlfriend who ****** his roommate in his own bed?" Just tell her where to get off. It's that simple.

damnrosi 0

OP: do not say anything nasty to the mother, or mention the reason her son and his ex broke up. That will just emphasize her opinion of you as the lesser girl, besides thats between the son and the ex, not between you and the mother. Chances are the ex was very nice and respectful to the mothers face and that is why the mother liked her so much. So be nice, maintain proper bounderies (do not get to comfortable in thier house and watch what you say and how you say it), be very polite and respectful and the Mother will probably come round. JUST WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BECOME OVERLY COMFORTABLE AND FAMILIAR AROUND THE MOTHER, she may be very uptight and find it rude.

22cute 17

That's crap advice, 19. Who wants a relationship where you walk on eggshells? Op doesn't need to please that woman. She needs to know her man will set Mom straight - THEN the dynamic will change.

xxxNataliexxx 0

Lmfao wow what a psyco mammy ;)

That happened to me when I first met my husbands parents, then after we got engaged she tried to guilt me into leaving him (saying I could never make him happy) and then she tried to walk out of our wedding. Just ignore the biatch, and once he's yours move far away.

22cute 17

You should really take 6 & 44s advice. Let your man do the communicating with his parents. That's the only way & it's his job as a husband.

xenomorph 0

She sounds psychotic -- maybe you should get her tested.

haha she is such a fail. tell your boyfriend about it and talk about it with him. also, hang out at your place never at his! i'm sure he will understand and if he doesn't, just dump him.

At least now you know what you need to do to win the mom over. I'm sure the roommate will be happy.

Thats when you say "Excuse me? How rude of you to say that to me. You know what, I think it's 'you' who needs to back off. Oh and FYI that 'nice' ex girl friend you liked so much CHEATED on your son with his room mate. Don't believe me? Ask him yourself. Trust me your son will be happy as long as he doesn't rely on his mothers terrible judge of character." Then walk away.

roaminginsomniac 0

I would have brought him into the conversation at that point, and had HIM tell her. I think she believes the ex-girlfriend is better because she doesn't Know. Maybe she would look at you differently if she knew about the ex.