By areyoukiddingme - 01/10/2015 05:56 - United States - Phoenixville

Today, I met my boyfriend's other girlfriend. She then informed me that he has a wife, and that they have an open relationship. Thanks for keeping me in the loop, honey. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 392
You deserved it 2 464

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wonder if the wife is aware of this open relationship. Something tells me she's not in the loop either, OP.

Sounds more like a Door Knob, everyone gets a turn

Comments

Not to scare you OP but you're probably not the first on the side he didn't tell and they probably all broke up after finding out except the one you met. You might want to get an STD screening just to be safe, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would bother mentioning that.

Most poly relationships have a clause where screening regularly is mandatory, if the OP's boyfriend really is in a poly relationship then it might be a clause they have in place too however I agree getting a screened is the way to go

ninety 25

Well this isn't most poly relationships, is it? Let's trust the guy that neglected to tell his gf he has (at least) two more women on the side to get regular std screening! But anyway, Since OPs bf didn't bother to tell her that he was "poly," I'm going to guess that it was a dumb excuse made up by her bf when his other gf found out he was married and she bought that crap.

Wow, how generous of him sharing his love and attention!

-sigh- Shit like this give people who practice healthy polyamory a shit name. That guy is an asshole.

Loop.. Sounds to me like the situation itself is poop

cosmicdancer84 7

That's a huge red flag. Even if he is in an open marriage, especially in any open relationship, you have to be honest and communicate constantly. Dump him but because of his dishonesty. Don't get stuck in a bad love triangle and also, he put your health at risk. What other women do you not know about? Ask yourself that question and then ask him that.

I think it's a love square by this point

It might be more like a rhombus or a quadrilateral. There's a lot of inequality between the relationships.

If everyone is in the know it's an open relationship. If one (or more) party is unaware it's cheating.

I'm sorry OP that sucks. I don't know what to say in all honesty. I'm sure you will find a man who isn't a *****. As for those people clicking "you deserved it" what in the hell is wrong with you people ? Are you really that messed up in the head? To those people go play in traffic.

Trolls, man. Trolls. There's nothing we can do about them. Just ignore them as best you can.

NodakN8V 25

Sounds like a lot of loops...and I hope you meant ex-honey ...