By fat - 07/01/2014 12:41 - United States - Lancaster

Today, I mentioned to my boyfriend that I want to start working out and get rid of my holiday weight. His response? "Okay, just don't join a gym. People will have to see you there." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 220
You deserved it 4 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully he meant guys might find you attractive and hit on you. :P

Your bf sounds like a jerk. If he can't like you for what you look like, you need to find someone who does. Dump his ass to the curb.

Comments

JMichael 25

I'm sure he just doesn't want big horny muscular men trying to flirt with you.

nubbles10 13

I second this, unless her guy is known for making asshole remarks like this I feel it could go either way

perdix 29

How much weight could you have packed on? Did your holiday season start on April Fools' Day?

RedPillSucks 31

Hey. It's a holiday, isn't it?

You'd be surprised when you exercise all spring and summer then all of a sudden it's too cold; so you sit at home and end up eating more and then Thanksgiving and Christmas don't help. Hell I play basketball all summer and gained 20 pounds since November.

Maybe you should get rid of your inconsiderate boyfriend. I'm sure you are beautiful-you go to that gym and pick up a better guy while you're at it:)

perdix 29

#20, not really gonna happen at a gym. Gyms are for superficial assholes who only care about exterior appearances. I belong to two of them :D

22, maybe she should go to Planet Fitness then where it's 'not a gym.' xD But yes, I realize what you are saying is true whether people like it or not

I love planet fitness. it actually feels like a judgment free zone.

She dumps her inconsiderate boyfriend, that's, what, 180 pounds right there. Without any further context, it sounds as if OP's boyfriend is ashamed of her, maybe because she has gained weight or for some other reason. The proper response is, I love you just the way you are, but if you would feel better losing some weight, I will support you.

RedPillSucks 31

Nah. That's for girls who look like dogs. Clearly, she needs an apple in her mouth.

perdix 29

#44, holy shit! That's meaner than what I said! I must be mellowing in my old age.

HammyBear13 8

#44, i bow to you. That comment made me laugh so hard i fell off the bed.

Quiet_one 22

To me, that came off as a joke and not a serious opinion. It wasn't a good joke, but still. Maybe take a step back and calm down a little before you turn it into a huge thing.

mrz1177 11

You should talk with him about it, it might not have come out the way it was supposed to.

He might not mean it the way you think it does. People get really judgmental at gyms regardless of bodytype and worries you might get too selfconscious. Of course if he does mean what you think he means, dump him asp.

I hate gyms because people will see me there. Is it be so wrong for me to give others advice based on my own opinions? Apparently, according to the comments here. This makes me a jerk?

Nope. My wife goes to the gym and that's fine with me. But I have told her that I never could and don't really get it.

30, "Don't go to the gym, people will see you" isn't advice, it's a statement with rude implications.

whats the point of a gym right? just a place for exercising and working out, no reason for a person who wants to lose weight to go there...