By Dizzie Rascal - 31/08/2016 11:01 - United Kingdom

Today, I made spaghetti bolognese for three people. Of those three people, only one got food poisoning. Me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 360
You deserved it 1 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

quazimozart 19

Well, honestly if I were to make food for other people I'd rather myself get sick than the people I'm serving. But still, food poisoning sucks.

Comments

quazimozart 19

Well, honestly if I were to make food for other people I'd rather myself get sick than the people I'm serving. But still, food poisoning sucks.

It's better you getting sick rather than being responsible for others getting sick.

If you're the only one that got food poisoning, are you sure it was the spaghetti bolognese that did it? It seems to me like it could have been something else you ate if no one else got sick.

Agreed. Also, people often don't realize that the food poisoning doesn't happen from the food you ate that day, it is often from something anywhere from 2-4 days ago. That's why outbreaks like e.coli are hard to nail down when it come to origin because it all depends on how quickly you digest and how well your digestive system is able to take care of the bacteria on its own.

Actually #19 it can set in within 24 hours of consuming the tainted food.

I didnt read "Me." The first tine i read this, and boy that makes this fml a lot more sinister sounding

I have a feeling it was something else you ate. If it was the spaghetti everyone would be sick I think

**** your life for not giving anyone else the runs amiright?

Food poisoning isn't usually caused by the last thing you ate, since it takes a couple hours for your body to digest it far enough to get sick from it.

paularickele 3

I agree and usually it takes about 24 hours before you have symptoms of food poisoning